Senior Information Security Engineer
Wheel is the health tech company powering the next generation of healthcare. The entire healthcare industry is racing to serve patients online, but outdated business models, technologies, and mindsets are continuing to get in the way. We pioneered a new way for companies to build and scale virtual care.
Instead of starting from scratch, companies can leverage Wheel’s virtual care platform and nationwide clinician network to develop a virtual care service — bypassing the 15 months and $15 million it can take to build from the ground up. Today, Wheel powers the most innovative companies in healthcare today, including digital health companies, clinical lab networks, retailers, traditional healthcare providers, and tech companies.
We’re a team of experts and innovators working together to solve some of healthcare’s most challenging problems in order to put great care within everyone’s reach. We’ve raised $216 million in funding and backed by top investors including Lightspeed Venture Partners, Tiger Global, Coatue, CRV, Tusk Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, and Silverton Partners.
In the last year we’re proud to have been named:
- Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startups
- Built In’s Best Remote-First Places to Work
- CB Insights Digital Health 150
- Business Insider 30 Leaders under 40 Changing Healthcare
We’re looking for people to join our team who share a passion for making a positive difference in healthcare and feel connected to our core values.
As our Sr. Information Security Engineer, you will grow our software security program that facilitates security being built into all of the products and infrastructure built at Wheel. You have a blend of security engineering and software engineering. If you’re a security engineer looking to build best-in-class security in the healthcare industry, this is a great opportunity for you to have an impact across an entire engineering organization and support a world-class software security program.
- Support the software security program ensuring that security is baked in to everything we build at every step of the software development lifecycle
- Grow a culture of security in Engineering Perform security reviews of technical design documents
- Measure and grow security maturity across engineering
- Triage security issues and provide recommended fixes
- Facilitate independent security assessments and penetration tests
- Evaluate new tools, processes, and frameworks; Drive adoption of the best ones
- Review and respond to new security threats
- 3+ years of a software engineering background in a Cloud environment (preferably AWS)
- Familiarity with cloud and network security, particularly AWS Security concepts. You will be collaborating with engineers to build AWS and GCP security best practices into our infrastructure
- Experience with security activities throughout the software development lifecycle- design reviews, threat modeling, code reviews, tooling, penetration testing, incident response.
- Implementing software security programs like the Security Development Life cycle
- Implementing controls for information security compliance programs including SOC 2, HITRUST/HIPAA, and NIST-8xx.
- Previous startup experience is a plus.