Licensed Insurance Sales Representative (Remote - TX)
The Zebra, named a Best Place to Work in Austin four years running, is revolutionizing how connected consumers research and shop for insurance. We intentionally strive to build diverse teams that feel inclusive for all. Our motto is "All Stripes Welcome," and we put that into practice by valuing both traditional and non-conventional backgrounds and perspectives. Our Zeebs are passionate about learning, growing, & working together to tackle exciting problems.
The Zebra is looking for hard-working, motivated professionals to join our lively call center and tight-knit team. You’ll be the first point of contact for our customers shopping for insurance on the nation’s leading insurance comparison site. Your role will be to turn insurance shoppers into long-term customers and brand champions of The Zebra.
This is a full-time 40 hours/week position.
Working hours are 7:00AM - 9:00PM Monday - Friday, 9:00AM - 5:30PM on Saturdays (and we have Sundays off)! With our growing Agency, hours are always subject to change.
Our agents start off 100% remote. Every licensed employee must conduct business from their primary residence in Texas. All new hires will need to relocate to Texas by the time of their start date.
Our sales agents are hourly, but usually make between $45k-60k annually in their first year (but with base rates and an uncapped incentive structure, some of our senior agents hit $85K+)! There are overtime opportunities available.
What You'll Do:
- Answer inbound sales calls from customers who need assistance with purchasing various insurance products
- Quote and sell through multiple insurance carriers and quoting platforms
- Cross-sell customers to meet all of their insurance needs
- Maintain a high level of production while providing professional service in a fast paced sales environment
- Opportunities to learn and grow
- Obtain a General Lines license (provided by The Zebra) if you do not have one prior to start date
What We're Looking For:
- You already have a TX (General Lines) Property & Casualty
- One year of high-volume sales experience and a motivated, positive, and solution-oriented attitude is required!
- Adaptability: You thrive in a fast-paced flexible environment and love talking with people. Think call-center!
- Coach-ability: You take feedback well and implement it as needed to improve your approaches
- Communication: You are clear and concise with verbal and written communication
- Value self-awareness, intellectual integrity, judgment, emotional intelligence
Experience that Will Impress the Heck Out of Us
You bring experience working within insurance sales
Benefits & Perks:
Inclusive and healthy environments are crafted intentionally. All of our employees can join and participate in (or create your own!) Employee Resource Groups. Here are some other wonderful perks of working here:
- PTO (paid time off) is unlimited
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- 401k with company match
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Internet stipend ($40/month)
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Join a team that truly lives their values (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
About The Zebra:
The Zebra is the nation’s leading, independent insurance comparison site. With our dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, consumers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has sought to bring transparency and simplicity to insurance shopping since 2012 -- it's “insurance in black and white.”
We've garnered attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists. Check out all of our awards & recognition!
Our core mantra is "All Stripes Welcome." As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform core job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation!