Title: Corporate Controller
Location: Austin, TX
SpyCloud is a leading cybersecurity company committed to protecting digital identities and thwarting cyber threats. Our advanced solutions empower organizations and individuals to safeguard their critical assets from malicious actors. With a focus on proactive intelligence and customer success, SpyCloud continues to be a driving force in the fight against cybercrime.
As a key strategic partner reporting directly to the CFO, the WW Corporate Controller will be responsible for the development and execution of corporate wide accounting, controls and external financial reporting activities. The ideal leader has operated successfully at a global level within a high-growth corporate culture, ideally at a SaaS-based technology company, who brings vision and strategic leadership paired with a willingness to roll up their sleeves and dive into details. The successful candidate is a well-rounded leader with strategic influence, excellent communication skills and a collaborative style.
- Oversee all aspects of the Company’s accounting, tax, and treasury functions including corporate accounting, debt facility, international/federal/state tax, payroll, and cash management in multiple markets
- Partner with leadership in support of M&A initiatives including pre-deal due diligence and post-deal integration
- Responsible for the financial close process, technical accounting, consolidation, and general accounting at SpyCloud; ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principals (GAAP) and lead transformation efforts to establish an efficient and compliant accounting close and controlling process consistent with global standards
- Own the order to cash process to ensure appropriate controls and drive operational improvement and efficiency initiatives by collaborating across departments to improve processes and data flows
- Oversee management of, and maintain overall responsibility for, the annual financial audit; manage the external audit and tax relationships and participate in Board of Director Audit Committee
- Stay abreast of and lead the company through complex tax and operational issues as SpyCloud enters new markets and territories
- Ensure the Company’s internal control processes are followed and continuously updated to reflect changes in business processes; provide recommendations for improvement
- Maintain strong working knowledge of industry standards and best practices for efficient accounting systems, process improvements and reporting practices
- Provide guidance on technical accounting matters and manage complex accounting issues; research and implement new developments in GAAP principles and other financial disclosures
- Coach and develop the team while managing the workflow and prioritization of projects and ensuring on-time execution and completion
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting (CPA required)
- Minimum 15+ years in accounting and 5+ years as Controller or Assistant Controller position in high growth company (large public accounting firm and SaaS company experiences preferred)
- Outstanding knowledge and understanding of GAAP, international accounting, and internal controls
- Experience with various tax compliance and reporting requirements
- M&A experience including performance of due diligence and post close integration
- Exceptional leadership and team-building skills capable of motivating and guiding a remote team
- High analytical skills with strong business acumen and the ability to transition between the strategic and the detailed
- Comprehensive understanding of Google docs environment and accounting/tax tech stacks including ERP, sales and use tax, payroll, billing and CRM systems, (Netsuite, Avalara, ADP preferred); mastery of Excel
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with C-suite executives and other stakeholders
SpyCloud is not sponsoring visas at this time.
Benefits + Perks
As a mission-driven organization we are committed to working alongside individuals who are equally passionate about preventing cybercrime regardless of what department they are in or role they may have. Being led by our core values in all business decisions, we absolutely lean into being united on this front and in doing so we also look to ensure all SpyCloud employees have the support and benefits they need to stay focused on the mission. In addition to our engaging workspace in South Austin, flexible and remote-friendly work options, and competitive salary package, we also offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
Generous PTO Plan
In-office meals provided
SpyCloud transforms recaptured darknet data to protect businesses from cyberattacks. Its products operationalize Cybercrime Analytics (C2A) to produce actionable insights that allow enterprises to proactively prevent ransomware and account takeover, protect their business from consumer fraud losses, and investigate cybercrime incidents. Its unique data from breaches, malware-infected devices, and other underground sources also powers many popular dark web monitoring and identity theft protection offerings. SpyCloud customers include half of the ten largest global enterprises, mid-size companies, and government agencies around the world. Headquartered in Austin, TX, SpyCloud is home to nearly 200 cybersecurity experts whose mission is to make the internet safer with automated solutions that help organizations combat cybercrime.
To learn more and see insights on your company’s exposed data, visit http://spycloud.com.
Our mission is to make the internet a safer place by disrupting the criminal underground. Together with our customers and partners, we aim to end criminals’ ability to profit from stolen information.
Who We Are
SpyCloud is a place for innovative, collaborative and problem-solvers to thrive. Individually we’re amazing but together, we’re unstoppable. We celebrate diversity and various perspectives and aim to create an inclusive and supportive environment for all. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action “at will” employer of choice. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of any status protected under federal, state, or local law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. SpyCloud complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
SpyCloud expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment. Improper interference with the ability of SpyCloud's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
SpyCloud shares the right to work and participates in the E-Verify program in all locations.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us.
Our culture is something really special. We’re all driven to disrupt the cybercriminal economy as we keep customer accounts safe from compromise. We support a truly worthy and serious mission, but we have fun doing it together. If you are driven, inventive, and collaborative, you’ll fit right in.
SpyCloud’s Recruitment Policy: We will never ask an applicant for sensitive or personal financial information during the recruitment process. We advise all applicants seeking employment with SpyCloud to review available information on recruitment fraud. Anyone who suspects that they have been contacted by someone falsely representing SpyCloud should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more and apply: https://spycloud.com/company/careers/