Lead Software Engineer
Technical Lead Software Engineer
Austin TX, Remote
Who You Are
SpyCloud is on a mission to stop criminals from profiting off stolen information. Our solutions thwart cyberattacks that originate from the use of stolen credentials & PII, including account takeover, ransomware, and online fraud, and protect more than 2 billion accounts worldwide. Cybersecurity is an exciting, evolving space, but being at the forefront of the fight to disrupt the cybercriminal economy makes SpyCloud a special place to work. If you’re driven to create an experience that allows you to grow your career while connecting with a fantastic mission, look no further!
The Portals team is looking for a Technical Lead Software Engineer reporting to the Engineering Manager. The ideal candidate has over 10 years of professional experience, is a full stack developer with a strong focus and passion for frontend development. This person is proactive, capable of quickly introducing new pragmatic designs and providing strong leadership on technical direction to take. They’ve seen frameworks come and go but know that good design and readable code trumps the flavor of the week. This is a remote role supporting a hybrid workforce in an estimated 40 hours per week.
We are looking for a passionate technical lead who can join our Portals Team and guide the team to expand our latest frontend products and platform stack.
- Python (we use FastAPI, among other things)
- Postgres, DynamoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch
- AWS (ECS, RDS, SQS, S3, Lambda, API Gateway, and much more)
- OAuth, Auth0
What You Will Do
- Help design, develop, deploy, and test new frontend and backend products and features as part of the Portals Team.
- Take on full product roadmap items and be able to deliver high quality results on time.
- Work with Product Management to understand feasibility of requirements and provide technical feedback.
- Provide early pragmatic designs that drive the technical direction of the product and features developed.
- Coach and mentor junior team members.
- Participate in a fast-paced environment.
- Adopt existing team practices and recommend improvements as needed.
Your Skills and Experience
- At least 10 years of professional experience delivering high quality production software.
- At least 5 years of experience leading teams from inception designs to production delivery.
- Strong leadership skills, ability to make decisions and drive product development forward with the team.
- Have an expert understanding of web, front-end and server concepts.
- Strong working knowledge and 5 years of experience with front-end development.
- Strong working knowledge of security and auth best practices.
- Experience using component libraries.
- Experience with Python.
- Experience with a relational database.
- Experience with an MVC web framework
- Experience building REST APIs.
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience with a version control system. We use Git.
We are not currently sponsoring Visas for candidates.
Benefits + Perks
As a mission-driven organization, we are committed to working alongside individuals who are equally passionate about preventing cybercrime regardless of what department they are in or role they may have. Being led by our core values in all business decisions, we absolutely lean into being united on this front, and in doing so we also look to ensure all SpyCloud employees have the support and benefits they need to stay focused on the mission. In addition to our engaging workspace in South Austin, flexible and remote-friendly work options, and competitive salary package, we also offer our full/part-time employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Generous PTO Plan
- In-office meals provided
SpyCloud is on a mission to disrupt the cycle of cybercrime. As the leader in Cybercrime Analytics, our solutions thwart cyberattacks that originate from the use of stolen data, including account takeover, ransomware, and online fraud. More than 550 customers and partners trust SpyCloud to protect users' identities, prevent targeted attacks, and unmask adversaries attempting to harm businesses and their customers.
To learn more and see insights on your company’s exposed data, visit spycloud.com.
Who We Are
SpyCloud is a place for innovative, collaborative, and problem-solvers to thrive. Individually we’re amazing but together, we’re unstoppable. We celebrate diversity and various perspectives and aim to create an inclusive and supportive environment for all. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action “at will” employer of choice. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of any status protected under federal, state, or local law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. SpyCloud complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
SpyCloud expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment. Improper interference with the ability of SpyCloud's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
SpyCloud shares the right to work and participates in the E-Verify program in all locations.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us.
Our culture is something really special. We’re all driven to disrupt the cybercriminal economy as we keep customer accounts safe from compromise. We support a truly worthy and serious mission, but we have fun doing it together. If you are driven, inventive, and collaborative, you’ll fit right in.
Learn more and apply: https://spycloud.com/company/careers/