Senior Director of Engineering
Senior Director of Engineering
Location : Austin TX
Who You Are
You are an experienced and passionate leader who enjoys scaling Engineering organizations, processes, and people. You are looking for an opportunity in a startup where you will have an outsized impact and are self-motivated to find creative solutions to any and all challenges that come your way. You enjoy working cross-functionally, mentoring and growing your teams, evangelizing best practices, and planning for the long term while managing the short term.
- Python, React, Go, C#
- MySQL, PostGres, DynamoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch
- AWS (EC2, RDS, SQS, S3, Lambda, API Gateway, and much more)
What You Will Do
- Quickly get up to speed with our product offerings and a high level understanding of our tech stack.
- Understand the historical context behind existing team practices and drive improvements where needed.
- Mature our existing agile processes in alignment with Product Management and your managers.
- Develop and maintain a growth plan for Engineering that incorporates requirements from your managers, the product roadmap, scale, and other business priorities.
- Mentor and develop managers reporting to you.
- Work with Compliance and Security teams to incorporate new requirements while minimizing impact to Engineering.
- Nurture a culture of transparency, pragmatism, and no ego, while scaling the Engineering organization.
Your Skills and Experience
- At least 3 years of prior experience as a Director of Engineering
- Experience with most of the technologies mentioned in our stack above
- Demonstrated ability to hire well, leverage your network, and align your org chart with business priorities
- Demonstrated ability to drive process improvement across your teams and across the Product Management organization
- Demonstrated ability to manage large scale projects
- Demonstrated ability to manage and scale Engineering organizations
- We are not currently sponsoring Visas for candidates.
Benefits + Perks
As a mission-driven organization we are committed to working alongside individuals who are equally passionate about preventing cybercrime regardless of what department they are in or role they may have. Being led by our core values in all business decisions, we absolutely lean into being united on this front and in doing so we also look to ensure all SpyCloud employees have the support and benefits they need to stay focused on the mission. In addition to our engaging workspace in South Austin, flexible and remote-friendly work options, and competitive salary package, we also offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
Generous PTO Plan
In-office meals provided
SpyCloud is the leader in operationalizing Cybercrime Analytics to protect businesses from cyberattacks including account takeover and ransomware, prevent consumer fraud losses, and power cybercrime investigations.
Our proactive solutions keep more than 3 billion employee and consumer accounts secure. We’re a trusted partner to B2B organizations and consumer brands around the globe, including half of the Fortune 10, government agencies, and the most innovative financial services, ecommerce, technology, and security companies in the world.
Our mission is to make the internet a safer place by disrupting the criminal underground. Together with our customers and partners, we aim to end criminals’ ability to profit from stolen information.
Who We Are
SpyCloud is a place for innovative, collaborative and problem-solvers to thrive. Individually we’re amazing but together, we’re unstoppable. We celebrate diversity and various perspectives and aim to create an inclusive and supportive environment for all. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action “at will” employer of choice. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of any status protected under federal, state, or local law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. SpyCloud complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
SpyCloud expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment. Improper interference with the ability of SpyCloud's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
SpyCloud shares the right to work and participates in the E-Verify program in all locations.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us.
Our culture is something really special. We’re all driven to disrupt the cybercriminal economy as we keep customer accounts safe from compromise. We support a truly worthy and serious mission, but we have fun doing it together. If you are driven, inventive, and collaborative, you’ll fit right in.
SpyCloud’s Recruitment Policy: We will never ask an applicant for sensitive or personal financial information during the recruitment process. We advise all applicants seeking employment with SpyCloud to review available information on recruitment fraud. Anyone who suspects that they have been contacted by someone falsely representing SpyCloud should email firstname.lastname@example.org.