Senior QA Engineer
QA Test Automation Engineer
SpyCloud is the leader in account takeover (ATO) prevention, protecting billions of consumer and employee accounts either directly or through product integrations. Our award-winning solutions proactively defeat fraud attempts and disrupt the criminals' ability to profit from stolen information.
Who You Are
You are an experienced and passionate Sr QA Automation Engineer who is looking for an opportunity in an agile startup environment where you can grow with the company while improving the quality of our applications. You are passionate, organized, have excellent verbal and written communication skills and can learn and implement new concepts quickly with minimal supervision. You have a knack for identifying gaps in processes or feature requirements. You enjoy identifying and solving technical challenges and are able to context switch as business needs change.
POM Model Test Architecture
- Create, execute and maintain tests/cycles/plans across several web applications and DB/API/Authorization integrations, end-to-end, regression, functional, smoke, test types
- Develop and maintain automated, manual tests using Selenium, Python 3, Zephyr
- Develop and maintain automation tools, data, infrastructure and frameworks to support testing efforts.
- Promote a culture of continuous testing
- Mentor Jr QA Team members
- Identify process and architecture inefficiencies and help drive improvements in code and in SDLC
- Work closely with product stakeholders and developers to ensure tests case coverage for all requirements
- Define and drive quality assurance best practices within the QA team
What You Bring
- At least 6 recent years of professional experience testing production software web applications using Selenium/POM frameworks (preferably with apps using Pyramid, React, Redux)
- Experience testing backend systems via RESTful APIs
- Extensive experience creating and maintaining automated tests using Python 3.x and Pytest utilizing appropriate test framework design patterns (decorators, markers, fixtures, data classes/structures, reporting, code coverage analysis)
- Experience integrating automated tests and reporting in a CI/CD pipeline (we use AWS Code Deploy)
- Experience with AWS (Code Deploy, S3, Elastic Search, Athena, Lambdas, CloudWatch, EC2, boto, aws CLI)
- Experience creating and querying data using relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience with infrastructure as code tooling (Docker, Terraform)
- Experience building automated tests using Date Driven Testing/Parametrize, X-Dist
- Experience using a distributed version control system. (we use Git)
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Ability to question status quo, provide QA estimates, write test matrices, test cases, analyze requirements for gaps in usability
- Creative testing approaches for complicated test scenarios/user flows
Nice to Have
- Basic knowledge of Docker
- Experience with documentation/bug tracking tools like Jira, Confluence, Zephyr
- Agile and Kanban SDLC methodologies
- SDET skill sets including reviewing and contributing to unit and integration tests
Benefits + Perks
As a mission-driven organization we are committed to working alongside individuals who are equally passionate about preventing cybercrime regardless of what department they are in or role they may have. Being led by our core values in all business decisions, we absolutely lean into being united on this front and in doing so we also look to ensure all SpyCloud employees have the support and benefits they need to stay focused on the mission. In addition to our engaging workspace in South Austin, flexible and remote-friendly work options, and competitive salary package, we also offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
Generous PTO Plan
In-office meals provided
Who We Are
SpyCloud is a place for innovative, collaborative and problem-solvers to thrive. Individually we’re amazing but together, we’re unstoppable. We celebrate diversity and various perspectives and aim to create an inclusive and supportive environment for all. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action “at will” employer of choice. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of any status protected under federal, state, or local law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. SpyCloud complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
SpyCloud expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment. Improper interference with the ability of SpyCloud's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
SpyCloud shares the right to work and participates in the E-Verify program in all locations.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us.
Our culture is something really special. We’re all driven to disrupt the cybercriminal economy as we keep customer accounts safe from compromise. We support a truly worthy and serious mission, but we have fun doing it together. If you are driven, inventive, and collaborative, you’ll fit right in.
SpyCloud’s Recruitment Policy: We will never ask an applicant for sensitive or personal financial information during the recruitment process. We advise all applicants seeking employment with SpyCloud to review available information on recruitment fraud. Anyone who suspects that they have been contacted by someone falsely representing SpyCloud should email email@example.com.
SpyCloud is not sponsoring visas at this time.
Learn more and apply: https://spycloud.com/company/careers/