About the Role:
SpyCloud is looking for a talented and tenacious Commercial Counsel to join its Legal & Compliance team! You'll work in a collaborative, team-based environment, working closely with peers across SpyCloud as well as our enterprise customers. This position reports to the Vice President of Legal & Compliance. If you're looking to join a fun, high-energy team where you can make your mark as a great negotiator, then this is the right place for you!
SpyCloud is a cyber security company with a big mission: to significantly disrupt the cybercriminal economy to eliminate the loss of money, time, and reputation due to online fraud – and ultimately to make the internet a safer place for individuals and businesses.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 4-7 years of commercial transaction experience (either in-house and/or law firm) reviewing, negotiating, and closing outbound B2B SaaS subscription agreements, data privacy agreements and professional services agreements, including accompanying statements of work
- J.D. from highly regarded school with strong academic background and local bar admission
- Creative, collaborative negotiator with excellent communication skills
- Familiarity with domestic and international data privacy law is a must; familiarity with data and technology licenses, computer security, and compliance is preferred
- Familiarity with revenue recognition issues and working with revenue and sales operations teams
- Highly responsive, accountable, and service-oriented attitude
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Team-oriented with a great sense of humor and a passion for closing sales deals
- Serve as the primary attorney supporting our enterprise sales and channel teams to drive and close outbound commercial transactions
- Review and negotiate master subscription agreements for the licensing of SpyCloud’s Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) products
- Work with our Contracts Manager to review and negotiate other types of agreements related to our enterprise sales and channel businesses, such as nondisclosure agreements, amendments, assignments and product specific terms
- Provide day-to-day commercial legal support, business-focused counseling, and advice to sales leaders
- Partner with revenue and sales operations, marketing, finance, accounting, product management, and other stakeholder teams to ensure agreements are consistent with internal corporate policies and processes
Please submit a cover letter outlining your recent experience reviewing and negotiating commercial transactions.
As a mission-driven organization we are committed to working alongside individuals who are equally passionate about preventing cybercrime regardless of what department they are in or role they may have. Being led by our core values in all business decisions, we absolutely lean into being united on this front and in doing so we also look to ensure all SpyCloud employees have the support and benefits they need to stay focused on the mission. In addition to our engaging workspace in South Austin, flexible and remote-friendly work options, and competitive salary package, we also offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
Generous PTO Plan
In-office meals provided
SpyCloud transforms recaptured darknet data to protect businesses from cyberattacks. Its products operationalize Cybercrime Analytics (C2A) to produce actionable insights that allow enterprises to proactively prevent ransomware and account takeover, protect their business from consumer fraud losses, and investigate cybercrime incidents. Its unique data from breaches, malware-infected devices, and other underground sources also powers many popular dark web monitoring and identity theft protection offerings. SpyCloud customers include half of the ten largest global enterprises, mid-size companies, and government agencies around the world. Headquartered in Austin, TX, SpyCloud is home to nearly 200 cybersecurity experts whose mission is to make the internet a safer place.
Who We Are
SpyCloud is a place for innovative, collaborative and problem-solvers to thrive. Individually we’re amazing but together, we’re unstoppable. We celebrate diversity and various perspectives and aim to create an inclusive and supportive environment for all. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action “at will” employer of choice. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of any status protected under federal, state, or local law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. SpyCloud complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
SpyCloud expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment. Improper interference with the ability of SpyCloud's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
SpyCloud shares the right to work and participates in the E-Verify program in all locations.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us.
Our culture is something really special. We’re all driven to disrupt the cybercriminal economy as we keep customer accounts safe from compromise. We support a truly worthy and serious mission, but we have fun doing it together. If you are driven, inventive, and collaborative, you’ll fit right in.
SpyCloud’s Recruitment Policy: We will never ask an applicant for sensitive or personal financial information during the recruitment process. We advise all applicants seeking employment with SpyCloud to review available information on recruitment fraud. Anyone who suspects that they have been contacted by someone falsely representing SpyCloud should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more and apply: https://spycloud.com/company/careers/
Something looks off?