Customer Advocate I
At Spot, we know that just about everyone thinks insurance has never been cool or exciting. It's boring, complicated, and something we all hope we never use. That’s why we’re turning the insurance industry on its head by building the first lifestyle brand in the insurance world, encouraging our customers to live life to the fullest knowing we've got their back.
Spot is the first insurance company that helps its customers have fun while taking risks, whether learning how to ski, riding a local mountain bike trail, or training to summit Everest. We cover people’s medical bills when shit hits the fan.
We were founded by avid skiers, cyclists, and outdoor enthusiasts, so we understand the risks that come with the territory. When bad things happen, dealing with insurance can make it worse. We believe our community deserves something better.
With over a million customers and growing, we have no intention of slowing down.
We believe in the importance of culture and community and that teams thrive when working in alignment.
Key Values for This Role
- Customer Centric
- Controller (of the customer’s experience)
- Attention to detail
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Adaptable and Nimble
- Results Oriented
Why This Role Is Important to Us
This position is critical because outside of the initial purchase and emails, this is the first point of contact a customer has with the Spot team. This role ensures that the tone of the company culture is conveyed and that what can be a stressful experience is turned into a positive. This role is able to help individuals understand an industry-wide complex process and will set them up for success as they navigate reimbursement with our carrier partners. This role will play a major role in bringing Spot’s brand to life.
- Obsess about the customer’s experience, continually looking for proactive ways to ensure the customer is reimbursed as quickly and as seamlessly as possible.
- Ensure customers understand their policy details and benefits
- Support customers in multiple channels, including email, messaging, chat, and phone
- Protect our customers personal information including full compliance with HIPAA as well as all state and federal regulations
Who You Are
- You are an advocate for the customer, with an expectation that as a company, team, and individually, we deliver exceptional experiences for our customer every time
- You like to demonstrate your expertise and directing the customer interaction
- You are equally dissatisfied with idea of a customer leaving your interaction unfulfilled
- You are energized by the idea of spending significant time connecting with customers
- Helping people understand complex situations comes easy to you
- You have and can demonstrate strong verbal and written communications
A Typical Day Looks Like
- You spend the day highly engaged with customers that are relying on you to ensure their experience is seamless and low effort
- You proactively assess the customers needs, identifying ways to improve the experience
- You communicate often with customers, appreciating the unique need of each customer
- You look for every opportunity to get customer feedback that offers you insight into how to excel in your role.
Things You Might Brag About
- Your obsession with the customer’s experience
- You’re unflappable, cool as a cucumber….pressure is your jam
- No one has ever met you and not wanted to be your friend
- You’re just as productive working from home as you are in an office
- You’re not intimidated by a high volume of customers pulling you in opposite directions
- You enjoy juggling multiple projects at once
Like we’ve said before, we believe our community deserves something better! Our view of diversity goes beyond visible differences and includes unique backgrounds, ideas, experiences and perspectives. We are so proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and in no way will we discriminate in our hiring process based on a person's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, transgender status, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information or any other legally protected characteristics. We believe strongly that education comes in many forms and in most cases do not require a formal degree for employment at Spot. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We care deeply about our Spot people who are dedicated to revolutionizing the distribution of insurance, the industry and the world! That’s why we are dedicated to providing benefits with you, your family, and your life in mind. We offer a various array of benefits including a PTO policy, medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k, paid holidays, bereavement, and parental leave. All Spot employees receive equipment for their remote setup, and a Spot Injury plan in case shit does hit the fan!
Something looks off?