Partner Success Manager
Medical bills suck….so we did something about it. The Spot Team is on a mission to change the industry and how insurance is distributed. That means no more Go-Fund-Me's or going into debt after an injury.
Spot is the first-of-its-kind injury insurance that pushes our customers to get out and live more, whether they're running their daily errands or on a once-in-a-lifetime adventure with the family. Perfect for people who have active lifestyles, lousy health insurance, or no health insurance at all, we earnestly believe that breaking a bone shouldn't break the bank.
We’re looking for a Partner Success Manager to join our growing team and support our partnerships. Our team is actively growing and we have no plans to slow down, so you'll have lots of opportunities to take on new challenges and wear many hats. We care about your success and want to help you grow to achieve your goals inside and outside of Spot.
We believe in the importance of culture and community and that teams thrive when working in alignment.
Key Attributes for This Role
- Excellent communicator
- Attention to detail
- Creative and strategic thinker
- Fearless when it comes to trying new things and understanding new industries
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to lead teams towards a goal both internally and externally
- Ability to think holistically - customer/partner experience focused from 360 degrees
- Ability to conceptualize and analyze problems and solutions in a proactive, constructive and creative manner
- Multi-faceted with the ability to seamlessly navigate between data and creative thinking
Why This Role is Important to Us
Through our partners, Spot provides on-demand injury insurance at the moment when individuals need coverage the most–when they are being active. Some of our current partners include Ikon Pass, Jackson Hole Mountain, USA Cycling, and athleteReg. The Partner Success Manager will play a critical role in helping us grow by onboarding new partners, optimizing current integrations, increasing awareness across partner audiences and maximizing partner revenue.
- Relationship owner for designated partner accounts throughout the life of their partnership with Spot, from initial onboarding through renewals and upsells
- Develop strong relationships with each partner, understanding their business goals/objectives, industry vertical, and culture
- Work alongside our Solution Engineering team to ensure the implementation for new partners is smooth and seamless
- Lead new partner onboarding, managing launch timelines and developing communications/marketing plan
- Develop onboarding and launch plans for new partners including working cross-functionally to mobilize and align the full internal team for launch
- Manage the creation of all launch deliverables including co-branded landing pages, partnership announcements, social campaigns, co-branded assets, etc.
- Manage partnership documents required for ongoing account management such as, weekly status documents, creative asset management, monthly financial reporting, and quarterly updates
- Creative thinking and development of new and unique ways to grow partnership conversion & upsell opportunities
- Identify upsell/cross sell opportunities within the Spot portfolio of products
- Develop strategies to increase conversion across opt-in products
- Develop marketing strategies and materials to increase customer conversion including digital/physical marketing assets, onsite activations, experiential programs etc.
- Monitor and report on partnership business performance including conversion rates and tracking towards goals to identify key trends
- Optimize partnership revenue opportunities through implementation upgrades/improvements and policy renewals
- Work closely with the Senior PSM’s & VP of Partner Success to execute projects to improve overall partnership growth and performance
Who You Are
- 3-4 years of relevant experience in account management, implementation/onboarding or marketing, preferably for a startup or tech focused organization
- You’re extremely detail-oriented and organization is second nature to you
- You have strong communication skills and building meaningful relationships with clients is important to you
- You’re a creative and strategic thinker; solving problems with innovative solutions is your jam
- You love being a team player and rolling up your sleeves to get the job done
- Technology excites you; you’ve done away with old, archaic systems
- You’re forward-thinking and are always looking for ways to improve our partner’s experience
A Typical Day Looks Like
- Maintaining an up-to-date status of contracts, conversion rates, creative deliverables, and Spot company wiki for active partnerships
- Managing new partner needs and ongoing needs for live partners to make sure performance is on track for your accounts
- Collaborate with Finance on monthly forecasting, invoicing/billing, tracking performance and optimizing revenue
- Creating marketing assets for partners to build brand awareness and drive conversion
- Partner with our internal Insurance team to tailor an insurance policy specific to your partner’s core business
- Working alongside the Technical/Engineering team to get partners set up in the Spot system, and maintain proper partner reporting
- Working alongside the Customer Success team to ensure the partner’s customers have an excellent experience with Spot
- Brainstorming and strategizing ideas for building and growing partner offerings, implementation, and experiences
- Evaluating purchase and claims data to stay up-to-date and knowledgeable on the health of active partner integrations and sharing important insights with partners
- Building meaningful relationships with partners through project planning, monthly check-ins, in-person visits, and additional support when needed
- Effectively communicate the status, needs, projections, and wins of each of your partners to the cross-functional teams both within Spot, and to the partner
- Work with other Partner Success Managers to execute projects to improve overall partnership growth and performance
Things You Might Brag About
- You’re unflappable, cool as a cucumber….pressure is your jam
- You can develop a hypothesis based on an analysis of data
- You aim to please and kill people with kindness
- Your calendar, email inbox, and to-do lists are color-coded and organized to a T
- You’re just as productive working from home as you are in an office
- Some may call you a creative, others may say you're a strategist–but in reality, you’re the perfect combo of both
* It is a requirement in this role to become licensed within your first 90 days of employment
Like we’ve said before, we believe our community deserves something better! Our view of diversity goes beyond visible differences and includes unique backgrounds, ideas, experiences and perspectives. We are so proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and in no way will we discriminate in our hiring process based on a person's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, transgender status, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information or any other legally protected characteristics. We believe strongly that education comes in many forms and in most cases do not require a formal degree for employment at Spot. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We care deeply about our Spot people who are dedicated to revolutionizing the distribution of insurance, the industry and the world! That’s why we are dedicated to providing benefits with you, your family, and your life in mind. We offer a various array of benefits including a relaxed PTO policy, medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k, paid holidays, bereavement, and parental leave. All Spot employees receive equipment for their remote setup, and a Spot Injury plan in case shit does hit the fan!
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- PTO (Vacation, Sick & Holidays)
- Parental Leave
- Fully Remote
Something looks off?