Senior DevOps Engineer
Self Financial is a venture-backed, high-growth FinTech company with a mission to increase economic inclusion and financial resilience by empowering people to build credit and build savings.
We're looking for people who share our passion and are driven to tackle challenges, find solutions and make the financial space better for the communities we serve.
Our team is passionate about challenging the status quo of the credit industry by providing people accessible tools to take control of their credit. Executing on our mission requires deep collaboration across our teams to ensure our products reach the people who can benefit from them the most, particularly the 100 million+ Americans who have no or low credit.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will deploy, monitor, and maintain the production environment/services, taking a holistic view of system health, while ensuring that our platform is stable and balanced. Self's DevOps Engineers are a blend of pragmatic operators and software developers that apply sound engineering principles, operational discipline, and mature automation to our infrastructure. You will report to the Sr. Manager.
What you'll do:
- Work closely with Developers to provide feedback and drive operational improvements within our production infrastructure
- Develop infrastructure and network best practices
- Participate in our on-call operations and monitoring pool
- Document processes and procedures with the appropriate level of detail
- Create, maintain, extend, and operate the SDLC platform used to build, test, package, and deploy our web and mobile services and applications
- Measure and optimize system performance to push our capabilities forward, get ahead of customer needs, and innovate to continually improve
- Provide primary operational support for large, distributed software applications
- Production performance and uptime analysis
What you'll bring:
- 5+ years of administration experience with AWS
- 5+ years of experience within a high-performance, 24x7, SRE/SysOps/DevOps team
- 5+ years of experience with a version control system (e.g., Git)
- Knowledge of one or more scripting languages (e.g., Python or Bash)
- 2+ years of Infrastructure as Code (IaC) using Terraform
Experience with the following technologies:
- Modern web application frameworks
- Pipeline-based SDLC automation such as GitLab, Jenkins Pipelines, AWS CodePipeline, or other automation tools
- Delivering services via containers to AWS
- Working in a security and compliance-sensitive industry or environment
Working knowledge of the following:
- Ability to be flexible, multi-task, and organize priorities in a fast-paced work environment, while maintaining a high level of focus and accuracy
And these skills are a bonus:
- Experience maintaining RDBMS systems (PostgreSQL preferred)
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science
- Experience with MLOps (DevOps for Machine Learning)
Benefits and Perks:
We have the compensation and benefits you expect. But there's one thing that Self Financial can offer that many companies cannot: we can positively change the world, while making a profit. We are a team of Builders, empowering our customers to build their dreams. We have a Do the Right Thing ethos in all that we do, and we hope you value that approach, too.
Our perks include:
- Company Equity in the form of RSUs
- Quarterly performance-based bonuses
- Generous employer-paid health, vision and dental insurance coverage
- Flexible vacation policy
- Educational assistance
- Free gym membership
- Casual dress code
- Team building events and activities
- Remote work arrangements/ flexible work schedule
- Paid parental leave
Self Financial requires all employees hired to successfully pass a background check.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Something looks off?