Operations Training and Development Lead
Self Financial is a venture-backed, high-growth FinTech company with a mission to increase economic inclusion and financial resilience by empowering people to build credit and build savings.
We're looking for people who share our passion and are driven to tackle challenges, find solutions and make the financial space better for the communities we serve.
Our team is passionate about challenging the status quo of the credit industry by providing people accessible tools to take control of their credit. Executing on our mission requires deep collaboration across our teams to ensure our products reach the people who can benefit from them the most, particularly the 100 million+ Americans who have no or low credit.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
We are committed to providing our customers and partners with world class support and partnership. Our Operations Training Lead will create comprehensive training programs to support teams in customer success and banking operations to ensure we meet this commitment and continue to evolve our processes. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with both facilitation and delivery as well as the ability to coach and develop other trainers.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive training programs for our operations teams that align with the company's strategic goals and objectives.
- Create and deliver engaging and effective training programs that cater to the needs of different departments within the organization, including Bank Operations and Customer Success.
- Identify and evaluate training needs and gaps in operations and develop programs to address these needs.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts within Compliance, Ops Engineering, Product, Risk, Marketing, etc. to develop and deliver training content that is relevant, compliant, and up-to-date for operations teams.
- Develop training materials, including presentations, job aids, and e-learning modules.
- Manage and oversee the training budget to ensure that resources are allocated effectively.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of training programs, and make recommendations for improvements.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices in training and development.
- Lead a team of training and development professionals, providing guidance and support to ensure that training programs are delivered effectively and efficiently.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field, such as business, education, or instructional design preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in training and development in the finance industry, with at least 2 years of experience in a leadership role.
- Strong understanding of adult learning principles and instructional design.
- Experience in the fintech or financial services industry is required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Strong leadership and management skills, with the ability to lead a team of individual contributors effectively.
- Proven ability to design and deliver effective training programs that meet the needs of diverse audiences.
- Knowledge of e-learning authoring tools and learning management systems.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Benefits and Perks:
We have the compensation and benefits you expect. But there's one thing that Self Financial can offer that many companies cannot: we can positively change the world, while making a profit. We are a team of Builders, empowering our customers to build their dreams. We have a Do the Right Thing ethos in all that we do, and we hope you value that approach, too.
Our perks include:
- Company Equity in the form of RSUs
- Quarterly performance-based bonuses
- Generous employer-paid health, vision and dental insurance coverage
- Flexible vacation policy
- Educational assistance
- Free gym membership
- Casual dress code
- Team building events and activities
- Remote work arrangements/ flexible work schedule
- Paid parental leave
Self Financial requires all employees hired to successfully pass a background check.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Something looks off?