Acquisition Partnership Manager
Self Financial is a venture-backed, high-growth FinTech company with a mission to increase economic inclusion and financial resilience by empowering people to build credit and build savings.
We're looking for people who share our passion and are driven to tackle challenges, find solutions and make the financial space better for the communities we serve.
Our team is passionate about challenging the status quo of the credit industry by providing people accessible tools to take control of their credit. Executing on our mission requires deep collaboration across our teams to ensure our products reach the people who can benefit from them the most, particularly the 100 million+ Americans who have no or low credit.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
About the Role:
Self is looking for an experienced Acquisition Partnerships Manager to be the next great addition to our Strategy Team. Our Acquisition Partnerships Manager will help develop and execute our partnership strategy by focusing on strategic partnerships (structured as affiliate relationships). The ideal candidate is skilled at developing and managing affiliate partnerships and thrives in fast-paced, results focused culture. They will have consistent, demonstrated success managing sales cycles from prospecting, to pitching to negotiating to close, then owning and managing successful partnerships
This individual contributor role will execute our existing strategies and contribute to the development of new strategies and channels.
What you'll do:
- Strategic Partnership Execution: Identify, evaluate, and prioritize prospects that contribute not only to account acquisition but also deliver substantial revenue, aligning with the overarching business objectives.
- Negotiation and Deal Structuring: Lead negotiations with partner prospects with a focus on securing mutually beneficial agreements (an essential part of the role is to develop and a keen understanding of partner motivations, ensuring alignment and long term success).
- Revenue-Focused Prospecting:Focus on high-potential prospects that have the capacity to deliver a significant number of accounts and generate substantial revenue, driving measurable impact for the business.
- Performance Against Objectives: Exceed goals around prospecting, closing and launching partners to ensure revenue targets are met.
- Channel-Specific Material Creation: Contribute to the development of innovative, channel-specific partner materials for both prospecting purposes and partner campaign launches
Collaboration Across Departments: Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, including legal, marketing, finance, and product. Be an agent of change, internally, to to drive successful partnership outcomes.
- Partner Launch Support: Collaborate with the Account Management team to ensure successful partnership launches.
What we want you to have:
- 5+ years in Strategic Partnerships and or Affiliate Marketing (not traditional sales) and account management of affiliate partners
- Experience in FinTech or traditional finance with bonus points for experience in the consumer credit market and/or subprime credit products.
- Demonstrated success in lead generation and prospecting.
- Mastery of the full partner lifecycle, from from signing, to launch to optimizing them to success
- Proven track record of hitting and/or exceeding annual quota
- Comfort with financial modeling or affiliate sales funnel modeling
- Experience with Impact Radius or Commission Junction (or similar) is a plus
- Prior experience in player/coach capacity is a plus
- Experience in product partnership integrations is a plus
Benefits and Perks:
We have the compensation and benefits you expect. But there's one thing that Self Financial can offer that many companies cannot: we can positively change the world, while making a profit. We are a team of Builders, empowering our customers to build their dreams. We have a Do the Right Thing ethos in all that we do, and we hope you value that approach, too.
Our perks include:
- Company Equity in the form of RSUs
- Quarterly performance-based bonuses
- Generous employer-paid health, vision and dental insurance coverage
- Flexible vacation policy
- Educational assistance
- Free gym membership
- Casual dress code
- Team building events and activities
- Remote work arrangements/ flexible work schedule
- Paid parental leave
Self Financial requires all employees hired to successfully pass a background check.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.