Senior Software Engineering Manager
Self Financial is a venture-backed, high-growth FinTech company with a mission to increase economic inclusion and financial resilience by empowering people to build credit and build savings.
We're looking for people who share our passion and are driven to tackle challenges, find solutions and make the financial space better for the communities we serve.
Our team is passionate about challenging the status quo of the credit industry by providing people accessible tools to take control of their credit. Executing on our mission requires deep collaboration across our teams to ensure our products reach the people who can benefit from them the most, particularly the 100 million+ Americans who have no or low credit.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
As a Senior Engineering Manager on our Consumer Verticals Engineering Teams you will be working at the very core of how we improve our credit-building products and services. We are dedicated to providing exceptional customer experiences through our core products, including CBA, Card, Rent+Bills, and Marketplace. Our Consumer Verticals Engineering Teams are the driving force behind the customer-facing web and app interfaces for these products. We are seeking an experienced leader to join our team and help us deliver impactful solutions on a massive scale. Your responsibilities will encompass process excellence, delivery, quality, and security, all while keeping a sharp focus on enhancing the overall customer experience.
Teams that make a difference; individuals that matter:
At Self Financial, we love to put challenges into the hands of talented individuals to solve. Our teams are composed of skilled software engineers who participate in all areas of our creation process including systems design, solution architecture, planning and execution. At Self, we welcome and celebrate leaders who show initiative and creativity. You will carry influence. Our leaders are asked to organize plans that drive outcomes and are challenged to make a direct impact on our mission.
About the Job
As a Senior Engineering Manager, you will drive strategic project initiatives to completion while building and mentoring multiple engineering teams. You will work closely with other engineering, product, and client services teams to deliver value-driving solutions. The teams will be fast-paced. As a leader, you will focus on cultivating a team-culture that can operate with a healthy sense of urgency while maturing our engineering architectures and processes.
Who you are:
- You are a highly motivated and self-starting professional
- You are passionate about people and want to mentor teams of talented software engineers
- You want to help grow and mature our software engineering culture and brand
- You prefer a fast-paced and environments and shaping rapidly growing organizations
- You are passionate about delivering value and care deeply about quality and experience
- You like the idea of helping people start (or restart) their financial journey
What you'll be doing:
- Leading multiple teams of software engineers to enhance Self’s portfolio of credit-building products
- Collaborating with Product, Architecture and Infrastructure teams to build a team roadmap
- Recruiting and building diverse engineering teams
- Driving growth and maturity into your team’s processes and procedures
- Fostering a collaborative and inclusive environment and work culture
What you’ll have:
- 5+ years in an management or leadership role
- 7+ years as part of a software engineering experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with agile engineering methodologies
Benefits and Perks:
We have the compensation and benefits you expect. But there's one thing that Self Financial can offer that many companies cannot: we can positively change the world, while making a profit. We are a team of Builders, empowering our customers to build their dreams. We have a Do the Right Thing ethos in all that we do, and we hope you value that approach, too.
Our perks include:
- Company Equity in the form of RSUs
- Quarterly performance-based bonuses
- Generous employer-paid health, vision and dental insurance coverage
- Flexible vacation policy
- Educational assistance
- Free gym membership
- Casual dress code
- Team building events and activities
- Remote work arrangements/ flexible work schedule
- Paid parental leave
Self Financial requires all employees hired to successfully pass a background check.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.