Chief of Staff
Self Financial is a venture-backed, high-growth FinTech company with a mission to increase economic inclusion and financial resilience by empowering people to build credit and build savings.
We're looking for people who share our passion and are driven to tackle challenges, find solutions and make the financial space better for the communities we serve.
Our team is passionate about challenging the status quo of the credit industry by providing people accessible tools to take control of their credit. Executing on our mission requires deep collaboration across our teams to ensure our products reach the people who can benefit from them the most, particularly the 100 million+ Americans who have no or low credit.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
The Chief of Staff reports to the CEO and provides leadership and operational oversight for the CEO. They assist in providing leadership and direction on organizational planning, human resources, strategic planning, and project management.
They will handle a wide range of matters of organizational importance and be responsible for the central coordination of many functions and activities at Self. They will act as a confidante and advisor to the CEO and a sounding board for ideas. They must prove to be trustworthy, decisive and loyal, and extremely comfortable with ambiguity. No task should be too mundane nor too difficult for the Chief of Staff because they are resourceful, humble, and able to think on their feet.
The CoS, as part of the CEO’s leadership team, will build collaborative relationships with the functional heads. They will be responsible for overseeing and directing a broad range of key projects including the development, coordination and implementation of operational and strategic plans and processes to help ensure organizational effectiveness and attainment of key goals.
The expectation is that after 18-24 months, the Chief of Staff would move into an operating role at Self.
What the day-to-day of the job looks like:
- Responsible for developing, monitoring and executing the strategic business plan for Self
- Operational and executional ownership of numerous ad hoc programs
- Project manage the annual business planning process in conjunction with the CFO and work intimately with the CEO to shape short-term and long-term strategic priorities and communicate the strategies to other executives and the Board
- Partner with stakeholders across the organization to advance strategic priorities and ensure business results are delivered
- Create business performance and strategic priority updates for the C-level executive team and board
- Manage OKRs
- Manage communications roadmap for leadership team and company overall
What you'll bring:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience required; MBA preferred but not required
- 7+ years of work experience in management consulting, investment banking or corporate strategy
- A highly analytical, strategic and structured thinker with the ability to influence parties
- Strong project management, oral and written communication and organizational skills, with the ability to drive and implement ideas in a changing environment
- Well-organized, entrepreneurial and able to prioritize among multiple projects with limited supervision
- Able to see around the corners to predict elements of the CEO’s necessary focus areas
- Experience navigating business organizations, managing multiple cross-functional stakeholders, and negotiating optimal solutions across all parties
- A creative thinker and problem solver
- Extreme comfort in a very ambiguous environment; doesn’t let titles nor levels interfere with confidence
Benefits and Perks:
We have the compensation and benefits you expect. But there's one thing that Self Financial can offer that many companies cannot: we can positively change the world, while making a profit. We are a team of Builders, empowering our customers to build their dreams. We have a Do the Right Thing ethos in all that we do, and we hope you value that approach, too.
Our perks include:
- Company Equity in the form of RSUs
- Quarterly performance-based bonuses
- Generous employer-paid health, vision and dental insurance coverage
- Flexible vacation policy
- Educational assistance
- Free gym membership
- Casual dress code
- Team building events and activities
- Remote work arrangements/ flexible work schedule
- Paid parental leave
Self Financial requires all employees hired to successfully pass a background check.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.