Vice President, Compliance
Self Financial is a venture-backed, high-growth FinTech company with a mission to increase economic inclusion and financial resilience by empowering people to build credit and build savings.
We're looking for people who share our passion and are driven to tackle challenges, find solutions and make the financial space better for the communities we serve.
Our team is passionate about challenging the status quo of the credit industry by providing people accessible tools to take control of their credit. Executing on our mission requires deep collaboration across our teams to ensure our products reach the people who can benefit from them the most, particularly the 100 million+ Americans who have no or low credit.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Self is building a community of people who are looking to better their lives by building credit history. You will join our Banking Risk team and be the subject matter expert for all things related to Program and third party vendor relationships supporting Risk and Shared Service organizations.
You will be accountable for assisting Compliance Leadership in the management of the Compliance Program at Self helping to ensure the Company complies with applicable consumer protection laws.
This will require you to have a deep understanding of relevant consumer protection laws, and how to effectively provide advice and operationalize these laws with the relevant products and services that Self offers, including but not limited to managing the collateral review process, policies, procedures, training and risk assessments related to these laws.
What you will do:
- Assist with the management and oversight of the Compliance Department
- Prepare, update, and implement plans to support key strategic Compliance initiatives.
- Analyze and synthesize important Compliance trends and escalate as appropriate.
- Facilitate reporting to the Board and senior management, ensuring their needs and concerns are appropriately addressed.
- Draft and revise policies and procedures to improve the Compliance Department’s efficiency.
- Maintain and continue to enhance the Compliance Advisory function and processes to support key consumer protection requirements, including key aspects of the Compliance management system, including but not limited to a regulatory requirement register, policies, procedures, training and risk assessments.
- Risk assess existing decisions and processes related to bank partners, define root cause, and implement process changes to mitigate risk and reduce operational risks.
- Establish working relationships with all key vendors and partners, and formalize requests and concerns to address timely.
- Manage a team of Compliance advisors, who are responsible for key business areas., Operations, Collateral Review and Third Party Risk Management.
- Support special Compliance projects and program buildouts.
- Promote organizational culture and work to improve the overall health of the organization through employee engagement, collaboration, and values alignment.
What you bring:
- 10+ years Consumer Protection compliance, risk management or related experience, including interacting directly with regulators in a financial services environment
- 5+ years reporting and strategy and operational oversight (required)
- 5+ years experience managing or leading key strategic partnerships or relationships
- Demonstrate understanding of operational risk factors related to third party monitoring and reporting
- Exceptional communication skills and experience in group settings, with ability to deliver message
- Project management experience with the ability to work independently and self-solve for delivery obstacles
- Ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced environment and make judgmental business decisions with minimal need for managerial support
- Keen eye for process improvement and efficiency modification to reduce cost & improve customer experience
- Operate with a limited level of direct supervision, making decisions based on data and facts
Benefits and Perks:
We have the compensation and benefits you expect. But there's one thing that Self Financial can offer that many companies cannot: we can positively change the world, while making a profit. We are a team of Builders, empowering our customers to build their dreams. We have a Do the Right Thing ethos in all that we do, and we hope you value that approach, too.
Our perks include:
- Company Equity in the form of RSUs
- Quarterly performance-based bonuses
- Generous employer-paid health, vision and dental insurance coverage
- Flexible vacation policy
- Educational assistance
- Free gym membership
- Casual dress code
- Team building events and activities
- Remote work arrangements/ flexible work schedule
- Paid parental leave
Self Financial requires all employees hired to successfully pass a background check.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.