Sales Development Representative
Sales & Business Development
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2023
Who We Are
Ontic makes software that corporate and government security professionals use to proactively manage threats, mitigate risks, and make businesses stronger. Built by security and software professionals, the Ontic Platform connects and unifies critical data, business processes, and collaborators in one place, consolidating security intelligence and operations. We call this Connected Intelligence. Ontic serves corporate security teams across key functions, including intelligence, investigations, GSOC, executive protection, and security operations.
As Ontic employees, we put our mission first and value the trust bestowed upon us by our clients to help keep their people safe. We approach our clients and each other with empathy while focusing on the execution of our strategy. And we have fun doing it.
Who You Are
We are looking to add a rockstar to our Sales Development Team. This position will closely align with the outside sales team to target new accounts, respond to inbound leads, and identify qualified opportunities. The right candidate has had successful experience within competitive environments. As a Sales Development Representative, you will have the opportunity to develop relationships with a portfolio of Fortune 5000 corporate prospects, focusing on their awareness of and demand for the Ontic platform. You should have a talent for cultivating your personal brand as a trusted advisor to your prospects and being a collaborative teammate to cross-functional internal teams. You should maintain a solution-oriented approach and be excited to be a part of a growing team, welcoming the challenges that come along with a startup environment.
Our Sales development team has a history of success that we are looking to grow upon. There is an opportunity for a future growth role in Sales within the company. This role is based in our Austin, Texas headquarters. Our hope is that you match our values framework.
- Follow up on inbound marketing leads and identify qualified opportunities providing appropriate levels of information at the right time for interested prospects
- Create target prospects lists and penetrate key accounts In collaboration with your Enterprise Account Executive
- Develop a strong partnership with Sales and Marketing team members on strategic sales and account-based approach
- Meet or exceed the assigned quota of a minimum number of calls and first-touch emails per day
- Profile strategic accounts by identifying key people, researching and obtaining business requirements, and presenting solutions to start the sales cycleSet meetings for the Sales team when a lead reaches a qualified stage
- Nurture new Marketing leads by educating and developing prospects until they are ready to speak with an outside sales rep
- Strategize and execute on multi-touch account-based campaigns in partnership with Marketing and Sales
- Drive attendance for webinars and live events, set meetings for conferences, and assist in direct mail execution
- Ensure successful follow-through of the sales cycle by maintaining accurate activity and lead qualification information in Salesforce
- Successful experience in a highly competitive environment (sales, business development, or another highly competitive environment)
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, coupled with excellent listening skills and a positive and energetic phone presence
- Experience in an Account-Based Everything (ABE/ABM) environment
- Extremely self-motivated with a diligent work ethicProcess-oriented with strong attention to detail
- High level of integrity and a strong commitment to building a successful company
- Be able to work proactively and be part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Adept computer skills Experience with LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Chorus, Salesforce, Outreach, and Drift preferred
- Bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred, high school diploma or equivalent is required
Salary: $65,000 annual base salary
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry and are one part of a total compensation package that also includes benefits and other perks at Ontic. This role also includes an uncapped commission plan and a company equity grant.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Ontic we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Ontic Benefits & Perks
Medical, Vision & Dental Benefits
Flexible PTO Policy
Quarterly company ME (mental escape) days
Generous Parental Leave policy
Home Office Stipend
Mobile Phone Reimbursement
Home Internet Reimbursement for Remote Employees
Anniversary & Milestone Celebrations
Ontic is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors protected by applicable law.