Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Wednesday, August 16, 2023
Who We Are
Ontic makes software that corporate and government security professionals use to proactively manage threats, mitigate risks, and make businesses stronger. Built by security and software professionals, the Ontic Platform connects and unifies critical data, business processes, and collaborators in one place, consolidating security intelligence and operations. We call this Connected Intelligence. Ontic serves corporate security teams across key functions, including intelligence, investigations, GSOC, executive protection, and security operations.
As Ontic employees, we put our mission first and value the trust bestowed upon us by our clients to help keep their people safe. We approach our clients and each other with empathy while focusing on the execution of our strategy. And we have fun doing it.
Who You are
As a DevOps Engineer at Ontic you will be bridging the gap between development and operations, ensuring the highest level of security for our cloud-based services for government clients.
You would lead major cloud migration projects, moving critical services to AWS GovCloud. Ontic's DevOps Engineer will be an integral part of our global team, collaborating closely with our DevOps professionals in India. This individual will contribute to ongoing projects and support initiatives, ensuring alignment and knowledge sharing across the team
- 3-5 years of experience in DevOps
- Proficient in Linux
- Hands-on experience with AWS, GovCloud preferred
- Experience in Mongo, Elasticsearch, Kafka is must
- AWS Certified Security - Specialist Certification or similar
- Experience of technology like Docker, and Kubernetes is must
- Experience in ansible, Terraform or similar is a must
- Experience in scripting languages. (Shell, Python or go scripting)
- Working knowledge of web servers(Nginx/Apache), networking, and version control systems like Gitlab or Github
- Experience in CI/CD (Jenkins)
- Experience in L1 issues troubleshooting
- Experience with monitoring & logging tools like Kibana, Prometheus, Grafana, Logstash, new relic
What you will be doing at Ontic as DevOps Engineer
- Deployment of various infrastructures on Cloud platforms like AWS, GCP
- Server monitoring, analysis, and troubleshooting
- Integration of Container technologies like Docker, Kubernetes
- Automate using go, python or shell scripting
- CI and CD integration for application
- Database administration
- Protecting operations by keeping information confidential
- Maintain application SLA
Only U.S. citizens are eligible to apply for this role
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Ontic we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Ontic Benefits & Perks
Medical, Vision & Dental Benefits
Flexible PTO Policy
Quarterly company ME (mental escape) days
Generous Parental Leave policy
Home Office Stipend
Mobile Phone Reimbursement
Home Internet Reimbursement for Remote Employees
Anniversary & Milestone Celebrations
Ontic is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors protected by applicable law.