OJO is an Austin-based real estate technology company partnering with the top real estate agents and teams to deliver value to millions of consumers on its platform. The company’s platform for buying, selling, and homeownership meets people wherever they are on their journey, offering personalized guidance every step of the way. Through a bespoke combination of people and technology, OJO cultivates a deep understanding of individual needs and preferences, matching people with the right tools and trusted providers to equip anyone to unlock the abundant benefits of home ownership.
Our residential search site Movoto provides personalized recommendations and highlights listings best suited to each consumers’ needs and preferences, so they never miss a home that might be the right fit. OJO Homeowner, our home management and finance tool, helps consumers uncover hidden savings, monitor equity, and plan for the future, whether managing their home as an asset or identifying the right time to sell. We also have a network of top-rated real estate agents and teams on our OJO Pro+, OJO Pro, and OJO Select Network platforms, to match each consumer with the expert who can best support their individual journey.
As one of the fastest-growing companies in the U.S., OJO has placed 29th on the Deloitte Tech Fast 500 and 49th on the Inc. 5000. To date, the company has raised more than $140 million to fuel its rapid growth. CEO and Founder, John Berkowitz, has been named EY Entrepreneur of the Year for Central Texas and a top CEO by the Austin Business Journal and the company’s executives have won more than a dozen industry awards in the past year. OJO is headquartered in Austin, Texas and has employees globally with a presence in Chicago, Minneapolis, and San Mateo; and a large operations center in St. Lucia.
We consistently incorporate social and environmental impact into decision-making at OJO because we consider it important to the success of our business and our overarching purpose to equip anyone to unlock the abundant benefits of homeownership. From saving to buying, owning to selling, we guide people through all the twists and turns along the way. So they can unlock more than just the front door.
What you'll do:
- Recommend changes to website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords;
- Assist with building and optimizing the internal linking strategy to maximize rankings;
- Directs team to manage deliverables and timelines;
- Conduct natural search research and share insights with executive team;
- Collaborating with Engineering,UX and Product teams to implement proposed recommendations;
- Direct, participate in and regularly communicate Website/App SEO Audits & Competitive Search Analyses;
- Develop, manage and provide SEO related reporting with Business Analytics team;
- Conduct key phrase research for organic search and YouTube;
- Lead and assist with site architecture discussions and inform taxonomy decisions as we build out new pages on the site/App;
- Models the way for the SEO team to stay on top of SEO industry changes, social trends and search engine updates;
- Adept at explaining difficult concepts using simple language and graphics;
- Create a robust SEO strategy for our marketplace, including a roadmap of initiatives to drive growth;
- Create monthly, quarterly and ad-hoc reports to stay on target, inform accurate forecast and drive optimal decisions to improve SEO performance;
- Mentors team members on SEO best practices, strategies & latest insights
What we need from you:
- Enjoy problem solving and have the ability to adapt to new technologies and processes;
- Cross-functional experience, as this person will have SEO influence across all teams in the organization;
- Communication Skills – speaks and writes clearly and articulately especially to non-specialists;
- In-depth experience with website analytics tools ( e.g , Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends );
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills—the ability to work with others as well as the confidence and skill to communicate ideas independently;
- Provide training and education for non-SEO team members;
- Proven history of successful SEO strategy creation and implementation;
- Experience as an SEO copywriter with an understanding of how to write for both users and search engines at once;
- A passion for connecting queries to content, and a commitment to making sure the right content is produced, and is found by those who are looking for it;
- Exceptional organizational skills and can stay up-to-date with SEO industry trends;
- A proven record of page placement and website optimization;
- Solid understanding of content marketing, performance marketing, conversion, and online customer acquisition;
If you are a highly motivated individual who is passionate about real estate and has a proven track record in delivering on a robust SEO strategy with exceptional SEO performance improvements, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
What do we have to offer?
- Equitable Pay Practices
- Flexible PTO Policy
- 20+ Paid Company Holidays
- Options for 100% Coverage of Employee and Dependent Medical Health Premiums
- Robust Ancillary Benefit Offerings Including Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Disability Coverage, and Pre Tax Savings Accounts
- Talkspace Access for Employees and Their Dependents
- Home Office Stipend
- Monthly Wellness Stipend
- Generous Paid Parental Leave
- Investment in Continued Learning
- Promote from Within Philosophy
- Volunteer Program
- Dog-friendly Workplace
Ready to join us? Here’s what to expect next:
Step 1: Complete the application below
Step 2: Recruiter Phone Screen
Step 3: Hiring Manager Video Interview
Step 4: Subject Matter Expert/Technical Video Interview
Step 5: Role-specific Project Assignment + Final Round Interview
Diversity and Inclusion at OJO:
OJO is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. We provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment and do not discriminate on any basis prohibited by law, including race, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, and veteran status. We provide equal employment opportunities at all stages in the employment process, including hiring, recruitment, selection, compensation, benefits, promotion, demotion, layoff, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Further, all of our employees have a responsibility to treat others with dignity and respect at all times.