Speech Language Pathologist - Virtual
HelloHero has been delivering online special education and related services since 2017. Our mission is to reveal the Heroes of tomorrow by increasing access to quality education and therapeutic services to children.
As a Speech Language Pathologist, you facilitate online therapy for students with speech and language needs. This is an opportunity to positively impact children's lives while working from home in a collaborative environment. Our ideal Speech Language Pathologist would embrace our values of care, collaboration, courage, impact, and trust.
Why Join HelloHero?
Provider Focused - We strive to develop our people and offer growth opportunities.
Flexibility - You create your own schedule. You choose to work as a HelloHero employee or an independent contractor. We also provide benefits for those choosing to work full-time as a HelloHero employee.
Support & Collaboration - Ongoing training and teamwork are imperative not only to your success but to delivering quality services and ensuring our children thrive.
Outcomes Driven - We value innovative tools and research-based treatment.
Exclusive Technology - You have access to our proprietary technology that allows you to provide top-notch services by engaging and tailoring to the unique goals of each individual.
This is a part-time position, approximately 15 hours a week. SLP must be actively licensed in Washington with an ESA and willing to license in other states. HelloHero will reimburse for costs associated with applying for additional licensure.
What You Will Do:
- Provide high-quality online speech language services to students according to the student’s IEPs.
- Development, monitor, and report on goals; determine needs, design interventions utilizing research-based best practices
- Provide clear clinical documentation in our platform that supports progress and growth of students towards their documented goals.
- Participate in IEP meetings and other meetings as needed
What You Will Have:
- Master's degree in Speech-Language Pathology or Communication Disorders
- Active state licensure where residing and where performing teletherapy services
- ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC)
- State and federal requirements for working in a school setting (FBI background check, Dept of Education Certification - if required by the state, etc)
- Computer proficiency, solid typing skills
- Reliable wi-fi/internet access and a distraction free work environment
- Teletherapy experience preferred
- Two years of experience working in a school setting preferred
- NPI Number, preferred. We will assist in helping you apply
We Do Things Differently
At HelloHero, we also see candidates differently. If you feel you meet many of the qualifications we are looking for and share our vision and values, we encourage you to apply. We promise to consider your application fully. We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the communities where we live, work, and take our services to. We encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or status as an individual with a disability. HelloHero is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and celebrate different experiences. We’re building our team to change the world and ourselves. If that sounds worthwhile to you, join us!