Online Licensed School Counselor (LSC)
***Please note we are pipelining for future positions. To view our current openings, please visit our career site ***
Must hold an active Arizona School Counselor License
HelloHero has been delivering online special education and related services since 2018. Our mission is to increase access to high-quality care and services in communities and schools.
As a Licensed School Counselor, you facilitate online services for students. This is an opportunity to positively impact children's lives while working from home in a collaborative environment. Our ideal Licensed School Counselor would embrace our values of care, collaboration, courage, impact, and trust.
Why Join HelloHero?
Purposeful Work - We embrace our company values daily, and you have the chance to impact the lives of students and communities who may not have easy access to quality services
Work From Home - More time for yourself to focus on what you enjoy doing outside of work
Competitive Compensation - All W2 providers at eligible to participate in our 401(k) plan with a company match. There is no vesting period. They also accrue Care Time Off. Full-Time providers are eligible for our full package, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, CEU, and Gym reimbursement.
Support & Collaboration - You will have opportunities to share ideas and collaborate with other therapy and educational professionals across the country. Ongoing training and teamwork are imperative to your success and delivering quality services and ensuring our children thrive.
Exclusive Technology - You have access to our proprietary technology that allows you to provide top-notch services by engaging and tailoring to the unique goals of each individual.
What You Will Do:
- Provide high-quality online counseling services to students according to the student's IEPs
- Provide services to diverse groups of children with kindness, empathy, and a non-judgmental attitude
- Provide behavior interventions and/or SEL supports as part of a school-based team
- Develop, monitor, and report on goals; determine needs, and design interventions utilizing research-based best practices.
- Provide clear documentation in designated platforms that support the progress and growth of students toward their documented goals.
- Participate in IEP meetings and other meetings as needed.
- Oversee and ensure timely scheduling and rescheduling for assigned students through the use of the auto-scheduling system, and manually if necessary.
- Monitor student attendance for services, completing timely documentation as required by schools.
- Primary contact for all communication directly with school personnel, students, and families regarding services to students on caseload.
What You Will Have:
Education and Experience:
- Masters degree in a related social service field required
- Active School Counselor licensure where residing and where performing teletherapy services
- State and Federal requirements for working in a school setting (FBI background check, Dept of Education Certification- if required by the state)
- School-based Teletherapy experience - preferred
- Two years experience working in a school setting - preferred
- NPI Number - preferred (we will assist in helping you apply)
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent Technology & Computer proficiency, including the ability to learn new digital platforms.
- Reliable Wi-Fi/Internet access.
- Distraction-free work environment.
- Knowledge and experience with Special Education Services and support to include writing PLOPs, IEP Goals, and determination of appropriate services and accommodations as part of the IEP team.
- Knowledge & experience in administering evaluations prefer experience in virtual administration.
- Excellent written and oral communication including the ability to independently draft professional documentation as part of the evaluation and IEP process.
- Flexibility and adaptability in day-to-day operations.
- Must be patient and compassionate.
- High level of integrity.
We Do Things Differently
At HelloHero, we also see candidates differently. If you feel you meet many of the qualifications we are looking for and share our vision and values, we encourage you to apply. We promise to consider your application fully. We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the communities where we live, work, and take our services to. We encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or status as an individual with a disability. HelloHero is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and celebrate different experiences. We’re building our team to change the world and ourselves. If that sounds worthwhile to you, join us!