Online Occupational Therapist - School Based
Enable My Child
Online Occupational Therapist - School Based
Part Time - 5-10 hours a week, slow ramp up in caseload
Must hold an active Wyoming Occupational Therapy license AND one of the following:
State or National Criminal History Record through WY Division of Criminal Investigation (fingerprint based) OR Dept of Education Certification
HelloHero has been delivering online special education and related services since 2018. Our mission is to increase access to high-quality care and services in communities and schools.
As an Occupational Therapist, you facilitate online services for students. This is an opportunity to positively impact children's lives while working from home in a collaborative environment. Our ideal occupational Therapist would embrace our values of care, collaboration, courage, impact, and trust.
Why Join HelloHero?
Purposeful Work - We embrace our company values daily, and you have the chance to impact the lives of students and communities who may not have easy access to quality services
Work From Home - More time for yourself to focus on what you enjoy doing outside of work
Competitive Compensation - All W2 providers at eligible to participate in our 401(k) plan with a company match. There is no vesting period. They also accrue Care Time Off. Full-Time providers are eligible for our full package, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, CEU, and Gym reimbursement.
Support & Collaboration - You will have opportunities to share ideas and collaborate with other therapy and educational professionals across the country. Ongoing training and teamwork are imperative to your success and delivering quality services, and ensuring our children thrive.
Exclusive Technology - You have access to our proprietary technology that allows you to provide top-notch services by engaging and tailoring to the unique goals of each individual.
What You Will Do:
- Provide high-quality online occupational therapy services to students according to the student’s IEPs
- Support the student and manage tasks & relationships with the student’s team
- Conduct evaluations and reevaluations as determined by the Special Education department
- Develop treatment plans that are strength-based as well as child and family-centered
- Provide services that include, but are not limited to academic performance, fine and gross motor functioning, positioning, daily living skills, play/leisure skills, work skills, and sensory-motor activities
- Consult with teachers, other therapists, support staff, and families to facilitate classroom or home mobility and participation
- Develop, monitor, and report on goals; determine needs, and design interventions utilizing research-based best practices
- Provide clear clinical documentation in our platform that supports the progress and growth of students toward their documented goals.
- Participate in IEP meetings and other meetings as needed
What You Will Have:
- Master's degree in Occupational Therapy
- Active state licensure where residing and where performing teletherapy services
- State and federal requirements for working in a school setting (FBI background check, Dept of Education Certification - if required by the state, etc)
- Computer proficiency, solid typing skills
- Reliable wi-fi/internet access and a distraction free work environment
- Teletherapy experience preferred
- Two years of experience working in a school setting preferred
- NPI Number, preferred. We will assist in helping you apply
We Do Things Differently
At HelloHero, we also see candidates differently. If you feel you meet many of the qualifications we are looking for and share our vision and values, we encourage you to apply. We promise to consider your application fully. We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the communities where we live, work, and take our services to. We encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or status as an individual with a disability. HelloHero is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and celebrate different experiences. We’re building our team to change the world and ourselves. If that sounds worthwhile to you, join us!