Online Special Education Case Manager
Enable My Child
Special Education Case Manager - Virtual
Must hold an active Nebraska Special Education Teaching License
HelloHero has been delivering online special education and related services since 2018. Our mission is to increase access to high-quality care and services in communities and schools.
As Special Education Case Manager you facilitate online services for students. This is an opportunity to positively impact children's lives while working from home in a collaborative environment. Our ideal Case Manager would embrace our values of care, collaboration, courage, impact, and trust.
Why Join HelloHero?
Purposeful Work - We embrace our company values daily, and you have the chance to impact the lives of students and communities who may not have easy access to quality services
Work From Home - More time for yourself to focus on what you enjoy doing outside of work
Competitive Compensation - All W2 providers at eligible to participate in our 401(k) plan with a company match. There is no vesting period. They also accrue Care Time Off. Full-Time providers are eligible for our full package, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, CEU, and Gym reimbursement.
Support & Collaboration - You will have opportunities to share ideas and collaborate with other therapy and educational professionals across the country. Ongoing training and teamwork are imperative to your success and delivering quality services and ensuring our children thrive.
Exclusive Technology - You have access to our proprietary technology that allows you to provide top-notch services by engaging and tailoring to the unique goals of each individual.
What You Will Do:
- Coordinates the provision of special education services per the students’ IEPs, including specially designed instruction and provision of all related service needs
- Owns scheduling and holding IEP meetings in a timely manner
- Work closely with school psychologists and other related service providers to ensure assessments are completed in a timely manner
- Assist teachers and parents with the transition from Pre-K to Kindergarten
- Responds to constituent concerns and works with parents and school staff to resolve disputes regarding special education services; maintain ongoing communication with parents, school staff, and the community.
- Collects and analyzes data through the use of technology; prepares reports and data related to compliance and monitors the progress of students with physical and mental challenges; ensures that the IEPS are implemented correctly and that goals and objectives are updated as required
- Develop, monitor, and report on goals; determine needs, design interventions utilizing research-based best practice
- Participate in IEP meetings and other meetings as needed
- Other duties as assigned by manager
What You Will Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Special Education
- Special Education Teaching License
- Expert knowledge of State IEP Compliance
- 4 years of relevant special education experience
- State and federal requirements for working in a school setting (FBI background check, Dept of Education Certification - if required by the state, etc)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Analytical with a problem-solving mindset
- Highly organized
- Computer proficiency, solid typing skills
- Reliable wi-fi/internet access and a distraction-free work environment
We Do Things Differently
At HelloHero, we also see candidates differently. If you feel you meet many of the qualifications we are looking for and share our vision and values, we encourage you to apply. We promise to consider your application fully. We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the communities where we live, work, and take our services to. We encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or status as an individual with a disability. HelloHero is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and celebrate different experiences. We’re building our team to change the world and ourselves. If that sounds worthwhile to you, join us!