Full Stack Senior Software Engineer
Bennie is a leading full-service employee benefits broker on a mission to help employers, employees, and their dependents get access to better benefits. Our platform, products, and services are designed to help companies make benefits less complex and more accessible.
At Bennie, we’re creating an environment where our people can learn, thrive, and move our mission forward. Our team is fully remote across the United States, and we also have offices in Stamford, CT, and downtown Manhattan. Our Bennie team owns our company and our culture. We prize diversity of thought and expertise within our team—and we’re always looking for amazing people to help us do and be more.
About the role:
We are seeking a talented and experienced remote Senior Software Engineer with a strong background in full-stack development and cloud to join our team. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining software solutions that drive our business. You'll collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, mentor junior developers, and contribute to architectural decisions. This position reports to the VP of Product.
- Full Stack Development: Develop, maintain, and test robust and scalable web applications from front-end to back-end, ensuring optimal performance and user experience.
- Database Management: Develop and optimize database schemas and queries for efficient data storage and retrieval.
- Architectural Design: Contribute to the architectural decisions of our software solutions, considering scalability, security, and maintainability.
- Collaboration: Work closely with product managers, designers, and other stakeholders to understand requirements and provide technical insights. Peer review code of other developers on the agile team.
- Mentorship: Mentor and guide junior developers, fostering their growth and contributing to a collaborative team culture.
- Continuous Learning: Stay updated on industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices to drive innovation within the team.
Experience and Requirements:
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- 5+ years working in an agile environment
- 5+ years working as a front or backend engineer
- 2+ years working as a full stack engineer
- Knowledge of software design principles, architectural patterns, and best practices.
- 3+ years experience with React
- 3+ years of experience with Golang or C#
- 3+ years of experience with Google Cloud or another cloud platform
We believe in comprehensive benefits and perks that provide total wellness solutions. We offer excellent healthcare choices, and lots of other great perks!
- Highly competitive compensation package including salary and equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Remote-First, work from anywhere
- 401(k) plan
- Parental Leave & flexible vacation policy