Employee Benefits Consultant
Bennie (www.bennie.com) is an employee benefits broker and platform that helps companies create a healthier workplace. We provide technology and services that are beyond what growing companies typically receive, yet exactly what they need. Bennie is building the ultimate benefits platform by connecting disparate systems across the benefits supply chain to deliver a complete experience for employees, employers, and partners. Our technology, benefit plans, and service model are designed – first and foremost – with the employee in mind. Bennie was founded in May 2019 and is headquartered in Stamford, CT. Bennie is a remote-first company with offices in New York, NY and Denver, CO.
About the Role
The Benefits Consultant is responsible for ongoing customer strategy, service, and retention. This includes assessing customer needs, managing relationships with insurance carrier and general agent partners, managing and placing customer benefit programs, and partnering with internal stakeholders to ensure customer success.
Reporting to the Senior Benefits Consultant, the Benefits Consultant should have experience working in benefits consulting, managing a book of customers, and working with insurance carriers & vendors to build benefit solutions for those customers. The ideal candidate should possess exceptional analytical, communication, and relationship building skills; and is excited to join a startup and work with senior team members to help deliver exceptional consulting service and experience to Bennie’s customers.
The Benefits Consultant should exhibit the six core attributes of the Bennie consulting team:
- Possess a growth mindset to drive the business upward and forward.
- Take a proactive approach to value creation and delivery for customers, colleagues, and partners.
- Seize the consultative opportunity in every interaction with customers, colleagues, and partners.
- Maintain a curiosity about the industry, Bennie’s customers, and Bennie’s business.
- Bring relentless intensity to the creation of value.
- Work collaboratively with customers, colleagues, and partners.
- Take ownership and accountability for the success and retention of an assigned book of business.
- Lead and manage the execution of Bennie’s consulting model for assigned customers, ensuring the delivery of high-quality benefit consulting services, and exceptional customer results and satisfaction.
- Develop and execute the annual customer account plan specific for all assigned customers.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the consulting delivery team to support the development and implementation of strategic initiatives.
- Support Senior Benefit Consultants in driving customer results and team development for each individual consulting delivery team.
- Stay updated on industry trends, best practices and regulatory changes, and support education and enablement of customers regarding these developments.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including but not limited to sales, data operations, and product, to identify and support business development and operational improvement opportunities.
- Maintain strong relationships with all customers, strategic partners, and internal Bennie collaborators.
- 3 years of benefit consulting experience leading the consulting delivery for a book of business; or 5 years of benefit account management experience supporting a benefit consulting team.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Life & Health Producer’s License.
- Working knowledge of MS excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Team leadership and/or project leadership experience
- Experience working with today’s leading HR/Benefits technology platforms
- Experience in both large- and small- group benefits consulting