Quality Analyst - Manual Testing
Apprentice helps life science manufacturers get therapeutics to patients faster by providing one platform to turn molecules into medicine. Our Tempo Manufacturing Cloud accelerates the end-to-end drug product lifecycle by connecting together distributed teams and sites, helping them execute better on the shop floor, and optimizing their operations through enterprise-wide visibility. From preclinical benchtop to large-scale commercial manufacturing, Tempo keeps your global teams connected, empowered, and in sync.
With $207M in funding, a 3.4x growth YoY rate, and 218% net customer retention, Apprentice is revolutionizing manufacturing in Life Sciences. We’re a roll-up-your-sleeves culture that's dedicated, mission-driven, and relentless on our path to changing the world.
About the role:
Apprentice is actively seeking a QA Analyst focused on Manual Testing within web-based applications, iOS, and Android applications and interfacing with multidisciplinary software development teams and project managers to assess, identify, and create seamless SaaS technical solutions for our clients.
This position can be located remotely with the expectation to travel to the office twice a year or as needed.
- Good understanding of TDD, CI-CD, and DevOps concepts is preferred. Kick-off smoke test/regression testing.
- Ability to work optimally on a globally dispersed team
- Proven understanding of the software development process, including planning, analysis, design, coding, system and user testing, and problem resolution
- Practical experience working with both functional and regression testing within an agile environment
- Ability to quickly learn, adapt and thrive on meeting the needs of a fast-paced, changing environment
- Interpret business requirements and crystallize stories and acceptance criteria for implementation
- Identify risks and develop contingency plans in anticipation of test automation issues
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills who is motivated, self-directed, interested in learning, and a teammate
- Proven understanding of the software development life cycle process, including planning, analysis, system and user testing, and problem resolution
- Use and improve upon an existing manual test framework
- Experience with agile methodology and toolsets (JIRA)
- Additional responsibilities as needed
- 5+ years of experience working in a manual testing environment with Android and iOS applications.
- 5+ years of experience working with web-based applications and browsers.
- 5+ years of experience working within AWS or a similar cloud environment.
- Experience working within a multidisciplinary team (engineers, business analysts, project managers, etc.)
- Strong experience with Jira, Confluence, QA Best Practices, Test Cases, Test Plans, and various other manual testing best practices.
- 5+ years of experience working Jira or other systems
- 5+ years of experience working with Confluence
- Web-based application experience (a huge plus)
- Android & iOS (iOS heavy)
- QA Best Practices
- Writing test cases
- Chrome tools
- Very hands-on, day-to-day
- Ability to handle competing priorities
- Assertive/outspoken/ability to take control (executive presence)
Benefits & Perks:
- Generous benefits package (health, dental, vision)
- Unlimited PTO
- Every employee is a shareholder!
- Paid parental leave
- Remote-friendly & flexible with a $250 at-home work setup stipend
- 16 company holidays, including one week off for the 4th of July and the week off between Christmas and New Year
- Generous 401k match after 12 months of service regardless of whether or not you contribute to your 401K
- Catered lunch for those in the office on Mondays/Wednesdays
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.