Do work that matters.
At AlertMedia, everything we do supports our mission: To save lives and minimize loss by identifying active threats globally and facilitating timely communications when an emergency threatens personal safety and business continuity.
Our values, which reflect our view on what’s important and what’s right include: We’re humans not robots, Customers always come first, We work better together, Simplicity is our strength, Our reputation is priceless, Hard work pays off.
AlertMedia is seeking an energetic and highly organized Administrative Assistant to join our mission-driven company, where you will create a positive experience for our colleagues and guests and provide essential administrative support to select members of our executive team. The ideal candidate should possess a friendly, motivated, trustworthy, professional, and personable demeanor, along with a resourceful, jack-of-all-trades mindset.
As one of the fastest growing software companies in the nation, we’re focused on finding the best talent and building the best team to continue accelerating our rapid growth to keep up with our demand!
Who you are:
You have a passion for helping people and are always willing to go the extra mile. You are highly organized, resourceful and embrace the unexpected. You are known for your ability to prioritize and handle multiple requests at once. You love working in a fast-paced environment where you will be making a positive impact on people’s lives every day.
What you get to do every day:
- Greet and welcome our employees and guests and lead with strong customer service orientation by providing information and assistance.
- Provide support to C-level executives with tasks, including booking travel arrangements, making reservations, and offering administrative assistance.
- Handle email and calendar management including scheduling meetings, appointments, conference calls, & other internal/external engagements for C-level executives.
- Monitor and ensure the security of the premises by signing in visitors, issuing visitor badges, and managing access control systems.
- Create a positive and professional first impression.
- Answer and direct phone calls to the appropriate staff or department, take messages, and provide information to callers.
- Receive and distribute mail and packages.
- Support the coordination of company events, office-wide meetings, executive off-sites and board meetings with Executive Assistants and Office Manager.
- Handle emergencies and crises by following established protocols and ensuring the safety of all occupants.
- Maintain and replenish office supplies, such as stationery, brochures, and other materials.
- Complete special projects, as needed.
What you bring to the role:
- 2+ years administrative experience in a fast-paced environment (tech preferred)
- Experience with scheduling/calendar management and travel arrangement and the ability to handle time sensitive and confidential information
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized
- Passionate about company culture and representing the best of who we are
- Customer service skills with ability to build personal relationships and provide support
- Event coordination and vendor management experience (holiday parties, company-wide events, etc.)
- Proactive mindset with the ability to multitask and work on various projects at once
- Tech savvy with expertise in accurate typing, spreadsheets, etc.
- Team player mentality with the ability to work under pressure and willingness to go the extra mile
- High level of discretion in dealing with confidential information
- Must be in Austin, TX area and willing to work in office Monday through Friday during core business hours
Why you’ll love working at AlertMedia:
- Competitive base salary + Company-wide bonus program
- Generous and flexible time off and parental leave policies
- Health benefits – 100% paid for employees (Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance)
- Amazing rewards and incentives – we love celebrating each other!
- Commitment to community service with opportunities to give back
- A Best Places to Work company 6 years in a row and numerous other awards
- Access to brand new downtown office with 360 views of Austin, high-tech building gym, and nearby running trails
AlertMedia is leading the evolution of employee safety for a modern workforce. We offer the most intuitive emergency communication software on the market with fully integrated threat warnings and employee safety monitoring. We believe any organization can improve safety and business outcomes during critical events by quickly identifying threats and simplifying fast, reliable communication to impacted audiences. We are headquartered in Austin, TX, and trusted by thousands of customers in over 100 countries—including DHL, British Petroleum, SurveyMonkey, and Walmart—to keep their people safe and connected anytime, anywhere.
We are an equal opportunity employer focused on creating a collaborative and exciting place for all to work. Ensuring a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace for all people is key to our success and core to our values. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of our wave of momentum and take our company, and your career, to the next growth stage. We'd love to get to know you better and share how we serve our amazing customers. For more information, please visit www.alertmedia.com.
Come join us in our mission to save lives and minimize loss through effective communication.
AlertMedia does not currently sponsor applicants for work visas.
Must be located in the Austin, TX area or willing to relocate