Do work that matters.
At AlertMedia, everything we do supports our mission: To save lives and minimize loss by identifying active threats globally and facilitating timely communications when an emergency threatens personal safety and business continuity.
Our values which reflect our view on what’s important and what’s right include: We’re humans not robots, Customers always come first, We work better together, Simplicity is our strength, Our reputation is priceless, Hard work pays off.
AlertMedia is looking for a detail-oriented FP&A (Financial Planning and Analysis) Analyst to join our Accounting and Finance Department in our beautiful downtown Austin office. You will report directly to the FP&A Manager where you will partner with our team to do extensive financial reporting.
As one of the fastest growing software companies in the nation, we’re focused on finding the best talent and building the best team to continue accelerating our rapid growth to keep up with our demand!
Who you are:
You are a talented FP&A professional with the ability to accurately report, forecast and develop efficiencies through reporting and analyses. To be successful in this role, you should possess a combination of strong quantitative abilities, business acumen, project management, and communication skills.
What you get to do every day:
- Support the production of materials for, and work closely with, the Executive Leadership Team and Board of Directors including monthly and quarterly financial packages
- Assist with preparing detailed monthly financial reports to the Executive Leadership Team, including analysis of financial reporting variances
- Perform ad-hoc financial analysis as needed and communicate results to manager and corresponding company stakeholders
- Retrieve and organize data into required reporting formats to provide a basis for comparison and evaluation
- Collaborate cross-functionally with company departments to deliver analyses and reporting support for company-wide KPIs
- Assist with forecast management and accurate headcount reporting
- Recommend internal process changes which will lead to greater financial and operating efficiency, driving overall business process standardization
- Lead aspects of annual company budgeting and forecasting process
What you bring to the role:
- BA/BS Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or Economics
- 1-2 years of experience in Accounting or Finance
- Advanced Excel and MS Office skills, Salesforce experience preferred
- Experience with financial reporting, modeling, and decision framework templates
- Strong business acumen to identify and understand key business drivers
- Exceptional analytic skills and a demonstrated ability to build financial reports
- Collaborates well with colleagues using adept social skills
- Learns quickly and has strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders across the organization
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment
- Must be located in Austin or surrounding areas
Why you’ll love working at AlertMedia:
- Competitive base salary + Company-wide bonus program
- Generous and flexible time off and parental leave policies
- Health benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance are 100% paid for employees
- Amazing rewards and incentives – we love celebrating each other
- Commitment to community service with opportunities to give back
- A Best Places to Work company 6 years in a row and numerous other awards
- Access to brand new downtown office with 360-views of Austin, high-tech building gym, and nearby running trails
AlertMedia is leading the evolution of employee safety for a modern workforce. We offer the most intuitive emergency communication software on the market with fully integrated threat warnings and employee safety monitoring. We believe any organization can improve safety and business outcomes during critical events by quickly identifying threats and simplifying fast, reliable communication to impacted audiences. We are headquartered in Austin, TX, and trusted by thousands of customers in over 100 countries—including DHL, British Petroleum, SurveyMonkey, and Walmart—to keep their people safe and connected anytime, anywhere.
We are an equal opportunity employer focused on creating a collaborative and exciting place for all to work. Ensuring a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace for all people is key to our success and core to our values. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of our wave of momentum and take our company, and your career, to the next growth stage. We'd love to get to know you better and share how we serve our amazing customers. For more information, please visit www.alertmedia.com.
Come join us in our mission to save lives and minimize loss through effective communication.
AlertMedia does not currently sponsor applicants for work visas.
Must be located in the Austin, TX area or willing to relocate
Something looks off?