ABOUT THIS POSITION
Aceable is seeking a Director of Accounting to manage accounting activities and ensure compliance with accounting principles, corporate policies, and external audits. This person will set the objectives and goals for the accounting team, oversee the technical accounting staff, monthly closing of accounts, and work cross functionally to assess the accounting impact of decisions. This person will also own relationships with Aceable’s external audit and tax teams to ensure audit and tax compliance. The ideal candidate possesses leadership capabilities, solid operational and technical accounting background, and works proactively to drive results.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Oversee and manage a team of accountants in multiple disciplines including technical accounting, financial close, taxation, financial reporting, and external audits including performance management through coaching, counseling, and performance evaluations
- Partner and collaborate with executive and senior leadership to improve the efficiency of the monthly financial reporting process, implementing new processes and improving on existing processes
- Determine operational objectives as part of the quarterly planning process and work with senior leadership to execute and measure success to those objectives
- Manage and track the Accounting department’s budget, ensuring adherence to set budget and communicating any differences
- Own the execution of the monthly financial close process, reviewing entries, revenue recognition, account reconciliations, and corresponding schedules to ensure records are accurate and in line with US GAAP
- Implement new US GAAP guidance and determine when to engage technical accounting teams, as necessary
- Own investor reporting management for GAAP Financial Statements and capitalization table
- Lead accounting integration with acquired businesses and related purchase accounting, purchase price valuation, and acquisition audits with external parties.
- In partnership with external audit team, plan, execute, and oversee the external audit process and any other non-recurring audits as they are needed (i.e. acquisition audits)
- Work with external tax team and executive leadership on strategic tax solutions to ensure compliance with tax filings
- Collaborate with the Financial Planning & Analysis team, responsible for the hierarchy and scalability in chart of accounts and accuracy in the general ledger and financial statements
- Own and oversee the monthly variance analysis, financial investor reporting package, and Statement of Cash Flows preparation and communicate results to the Finance team
- Ensure any controls in place are being following for key accounting areas and all related documentation is properly maintained
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Licensed CPA in state of Texas
- 3+ years in public accounting, 4+ year liaising with financial auditors
- 8+ years total experience in industry and/or public accounting mix
- Strong experience in Microsoft Excel
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Adherence to tight deadlines and quick turnaround for accounting deliverables
- Customer service mindset towards vendors and employees
- Ability to work collaboratively and work in a dynamic environment where adaptability is imperative
- 3+ years of experience in Oracle Netsuite
Aceable is a mobile education platform designed to create affordable, engaging, and convenient online courses available across mobile devices. Built by former teachers, NASA engineers, and those passionate about education, our team is obsessed with helping people reach their life goals and milestones through online certification.
After launching our first mobile app to provide accredited driver's ed courses, Aceable expanded into real estate education and most recently entered into healthcare education. Aceable serves hundreds of thousands of students per month, but we need your help to tackle our vision of serving millions of students per month!
Aceable has been awarded as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin for multiple years running by numerous entities, such as the Austin Business Journal, BuiltInAustin, and EqualOcean. We actively work to foster a creative, collaborative, and diverse culture whose overall mission is to impact as many student-lives as possible.
ABOUT THE FINANCE TEAM
The Aceable Finance Team consists of Accounting, Business Intelligence, Finance Operations, Financial Planning & Analysis, Tax, and Treasury. We are data-driven, results-oriented, and take great pride in being a key partner to leaders across the organization through the monitoring and analysis of data for strategic decision-making.
- Join one of Austin's Best Places to Work in 2022
- Competitive total rewards (base salary + bonus/stock options, if applicable)
- 401k match
- Robust medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Generous paid time off programs + 19 paid holidays per year
- Flexible work schedule
- Wellness programs
- Our own space on the top floor of a downtown Austin building with free parking
- Weekly lunch, a fully stocked fridge, and plentiful snacks
- Company events and activities (holiday events, happy hours, volunteering)
- #PursueGrowth Reimbursement ($500 per year for full-time employees)
- Free Roadside Assistance subscription
- Passionate teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- NOTE: Our team is currently working in a hybrid work environment with flexibility to work in office or remote based on role/department
At Aceable we celebrate and support all differences. Aceable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital, disability, and veteran status. Even if you don't think you meet every qualification listed, we'd love to review your application!
Aceable is able to hire in the following states: California, Colorado, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Jersey, North Carolina, Texas, Utah, and Washington.
Compensation Range: $160,000-$180,000