ABOUT THIS POSITION
As a Product Researcher at Aceable, you will take center stage in our Product Design team, driving the evolution of our products through insightful research that supports both Product and Marketing initiatives. We are seeking a dynamic individual who thrives on collaboration, possesses exceptional communication skills, and is eager to explore the intersection of user behavior and product development. Additionally, user experience design skills (creating personas, wireframes, user flows, interactive prototypes, etc.) are a plus.
Research plays a key part in the product development process by helping the team understand opportunities to improve our student experience and how we pitch our products against our competitors. Working at pace is key as we experiment with processes, methodologies, and ways of working to provide product teams with critical insights as quickly as possible.
You are a strong and empathetic listener, an excellent communicator, comfortable in a dynamic organization, excited to collaborate, and passionate about understanding our students.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead and organize research projects, utilizing qualitative and quantitative methods to uncover customer needs and translate insights into actionable strategies for product development and marketing.
- Align with business goals by deeply understanding objectives and creating tailored surveys to unearth valuable insights from potential customers.
- Collaborate seamlessly with stakeholders, including Product Managers, Designers, Analysts, and Engineers, to define research objectives, provide actionable feedback, and guide projects from inception to fruition.
- Engage in user-centric interactive design, employing traditional user experience expertise to craft user flows, wireframes, and interactive Figma prototypes. Use these prototypes to gather user feedback, driving iterative design improvements and a user-centered approach.
- Synthesize, summarize, and share key research findings in succinct and creative ways to a variety of stakeholders and partners.
- Provide mentorship and support to team members, fostering a culture of research excellence, and contributing to the ongoing evolution of our research capabilities.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 5+ years of UX-focused product research experience
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative research and methodologies to choose the best method for the job.
- A genuine passion for unraveling the intricacies of user behavior and motivations, driving the creation of user-centric products.
- Comfort in a dynamic environment, demonstrating the flexibility to navigate shifting priorities while maintaining high-quality research standards.
- Ability to include research project details into agile product deadlines and roadmaps
- Experience using Figma/sketch as a wireframing and UI design tool
- Clear, effective, and compelling presentation and communication skills
- A current portfolio with research based case studies. Bonus points if you also have samples of more traditional UI/Product design projects.
Aceable is a mobile education platform designed to create affordable, engaging, and convenient online courses available across mobile devices. Built by former teachers, NASA engineers, and those passionate about education, our team is obsessed with helping people reach their life goals and milestones through online certification.
After launching our first mobile app to provide accredited driver's ed courses, Aceable expanded into real estate education and most recently entered into healthcare education. Aceable serves hundreds of thousands of students per month, but we need your help to tackle our vision of serving millions of students per month!
Aceable has been awarded as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin for multiple years running by numerous entities, such as the Austin Business Journal, BuiltInAustin, and EqualOcean. We actively work to foster a creative, collaborative, and diverse culture whose overall mission is to impact as many student-lives as possible.
ABOUT THE PRODUCT MANAGEMENT AND DESIGN TEAM
The Aceable Product Management and Design Team lives our core values, is ego-free and team first, and is obsessed with our users and asking why. We are currently co-matrixed and broken out into three core areas of responsibility: Platform, Driving, and Real Estate.
- Join one of Austin's Best Places to Work in 2022
- Competitive total rewards (base salary + bonus/stock options, if applicable)
- 401k match
- Robust medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Generous paid time off programs + 19 paid holidays per year
- Flexible work schedule
- Wellness programs
- Free access to LinkedIn Learning
- Our own space on the top floor of a downtown Austin building with free parking
- Weekly lunch, a fully stocked fridge, and plentiful snacks
- Company events and activities (holiday events, happy hours, volunteering)
- #PursueGrowth Reimbursement ($500 per year for full-time employees)
- Free Roadside Assistance subscription
- Passionate teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- NOTE: Our team is currently working in a hybrid work environment with flexibility to work in office or remote based on role/department
At Aceable we celebrate and support all differences. Aceable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital, disability, and veteran status. Even if you don't think you meet every qualification listed, we'd love to review your application!
Aceable is able to hire in the following states: California, Colorado, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Jersey, North Carolina, Texas, Utah, and Washington.