Lead Pricing Strategist
ABOUT THIS POSITION
We are seeking a Lead Pricing Analyst to shape our pricing strategies and drive revenue optimization by answering pivotal questions and facilitating innovation in how we price our products. Your insights and analysis will be used to influence our product positioning, profitability, and market competitiveness. We're looking for a strategic thinker with a robust analytical background, proven experience in B2C eCommerce, superior problem-solving skills, and a thorough understanding of pricing strategy and tactics. If you're excited about using data to drive decision-making and impact a business in real, tangible ways, this role offers the chance to do just that.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Evolve pricing, packaging, and upselling strategies to optimize revenue, market share, brand positioning, and long-term profits for all Aceable brands
- Monitor the market to ensure competitive pricing/market position, including the collection and maintenance of pricing data and trends in driving and real estate education
- Conduct market research and customer surveys to gather valuable insights into industry trends, competitive landscape, customer preferences, and price sensitivity and use this data to inform and refine our pricing strategy
- Partner with key stakeholders to develop pricing recommendations across all brands, products, and geographies
- Research and run price tests in collaboration with the Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) team
- Develop models and business cases for changes in pricing and packaging
- Develop revenue and profit forecasts and plans (or provide input to plans) based on recommended price changes
- Serve as a pricing analytics and data expert for cross-functional teams
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 7+ years of marketing experience with 5+ years of experience focused on analyzing product pricing, packaging, and promotions
- Proven experience in developing and implementing pricing strategies and models
- Strong abilities in data analysis, forecasting, and trend spotting. Familiarity with data manipulation, business intelligence and analysis tools, such as SQL and Excel
- Experience conducting market research and customer surveys to gather valuable insights
- Familiarity with different pricing analyses methods (Van Westendorp, Conjoint, BPTO, etc.)
- Proficiency in creating complex financial models to simulate the outcomes of different pricing scenarios
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment and collaborate with different departments such as Product, Marketing, and Finance
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills with experience clearly presenting complex data and pricing strategies to senior stakeholders
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Strong understanding of what drives customer behaviors and needs, with the ability to translate insights into pricing strategies
- Knowledge of the Real Estate or Drivers Education space
Aceable is a mobile education platform designed to create affordable, engaging, and convenient online courses available across mobile devices. Built by former teachers, NASA engineers, and those passionate about education, our team is obsessed with helping people reach their life goals and milestones through online certification.
After launching our first mobile app to provide accredited driver's ed courses, Aceable expanded into real estate education and most recently entered into healthcare education. Aceable serves hundreds of thousands of students per month, but we need your help to tackle our vision of serving millions of students per month!
Aceable has been awarded as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin for multiple years running by numerous entities, such as the Austin Business Journal, BuiltInAustin, and EqualOcean. We actively work to foster a creative, collaborative, and diverse culture whose overall mission is to impact as many student-lives as possible.
ABOUT THE MARKETING TEAM
The Aceable Marketing Team is a talented group of digital and performance marketers with expertise in search, revenue optimization, marketing analytics, and product marketing. We are data driven, collaborative, and love being a major contributor to the growth of Aceable. We live by our Aceable core values, and are a positive, humble, and supportive team.
- Join one of Austin's Best Places to Work in 2022
- Competitive total rewards (base salary + bonus/stock options, if applicable)
- 401k match
- Robust medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Generous paid time off programs + 19 paid holidays per year
- Flexible work schedule
- Wellness programs
- Free access to LinkedIn Learning
- Our own space on the top floor of a downtown Austin building with free parking
- Weekly lunch, a fully stocked fridge, and plentiful snacks
- Company events and activities (holiday events, happy hours, volunteering)
- #PursueGrowth Reimbursement ($500 per year for full-time employees)
- Free Roadside Assistance subscription
- Passionate teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- NOTE: Our team is currently working in a hybrid work environment with flexibility to work in office or remote based on role/department
At Aceable we celebrate and support all differences. Aceable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital, disability, and veteran status. Even if you don't think you meet every qualification listed, we'd love to review your application!
Aceable is able to hire in the following states: California, Colorado, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Jersey, North Carolina, Texas, Utah, and Washington.
Compensation Range: $113,000 - $141,000