Director of FP&A
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Aceable is looking for a Director of Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) to empower the business with a financial roadmap and data-driven analysis to support decision making. This is a high visibility role that has the ability to impact business outcomes through strong business partnerships and critical thinking. The Director of FP&A leads the planning and budgeting process as well as ad-hoc financial analysis. This is an exciting opportunity to be deeply involved in modeling the business, analyzing data, and streamlining processes. You will partner with the CEO and CFO to communicate financial results and expectations, provide financial context, and influence stakeholders across the company. This position reports directly to the CFO and will manage one analyst, with the opportunity to grow the team in the future. If you want to have a big impact on a company that is changing the way people earn licenses and certifications online, join Aceable as our Director of FP&A.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead the annual planning and budgeting process alongside the CFO, ensuring accuracy and alignment with business objectives and key results
- Own the financial model for current year and long-range forecasting, including all components required to build a bottoms up P&L, balance sheet, and statement of cash flows
- Work with leaders and key stakeholders to analyze trends in financial performance across multiple dimensions and create forward-looking forecasts that reflect changes in performance against expectations
- Manage and mentor FP&A team, providing guidance and support to ensure success
- Prepare monthly financial review packages for leadership and the Board of Directors, including insights on variances to budget, forecast, and prior year
- Perform month-end review of results, partner with accounting to ensure accuracy, and prepare period-end financial package, MD&A, and department-level reporting to the leadership team
- Continuously review and improve our FP&A tools/systems to automate processes and accelerate the team’s ability to provide clear, accurate, and actionable data that can drive strategic decisions
- Analyze capital allocation by department to provide department leaders with spend visibility and insights, as well as accountability to annual budgets
- Provide ad-hoc financial analysis (full P&L/margin impact) with oversight from CFO
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 8-10 years experience in a financial analysis function; with over 2 years of direct leadership
- Significant experience with dynamic excel modeling
- Strong business knowledge and intuition
- Intellectual curiosity to proactively answer and anticipate key questions
- Knowledge of interdependencies of the financial statements and how changes impact each
- Key desire to drive operational efficiencies and leverage in the FP&A function
- Comfortable working in an ambiguous and dynamic environment
- Strong project management skills and a demonstrated ability to run an effective planning process
- Technology, online education, B2C, and/or eCommerce experience
- Working knowledge of accounting ERP or FP&A tools, especially Planful and/or Netsuite
- Investment Banking or Financial Consulting experience
- Undergraduate or Master’s level degree in a Finance related concentration
Aceable is a mobile education platform designed to create affordable, engaging, and convenient online courses available across mobile devices. Built by former teachers, NASA engineers, and those passionate about education, our team is obsessed with helping people reach their life goals and milestones through online certification.
After launching our first mobile app to provide accredited driver's ed courses, Aceable expanded into real estate education and most recently entered into healthcare education. Aceable serves hundreds of thousands of students per month, but we need your help to tackle our vision of serving millions of students per month!
Aceable has been awarded as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin for multiple years running by numerous entities, such as the Austin Business Journal, BuiltInAustin, and EqualOcean. We actively work to foster a creative, collaborative, and diverse culture whose overall mission is to impact as many student-lives as possible.
ABOUT THE FINANCE TEAM
The Aceable Finance Team consists of Accounting, Business Intelligence, Finance Operations, Financial Planning & Analysis, Tax, and Treasury. We are data-driven, results-oriented, and take great pride in being a key partner to leaders across the organization through the monitoring and analysis of data for strategic decision-making.
- Join one of Austin's Best Places to Work in 2022
- Competitive total rewards (base salary + bonus/stock options, if applicable)
- 401k match
- Robust medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Generous paid time off programs + 19 paid holidays per year
- Flexible work schedule
- Wellness programs
- Free access to LinkedIn Learning
- Our own space on the top floor of a downtown Austin building with free parking
- Weekly lunch, a fully stocked fridge, and plentiful snacks
- Company events and activities (holiday events, happy hours, volunteering)
- #PursueGrowth Reimbursement ($500 per year for full-time employees)
- Free Roadside Assistance subscription
- Passionate teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- NOTE: Our team is currently working in a hybrid work environment with flexibility to work in office or remote based on role/department
At Aceable we celebrate and support all differences. Aceable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital, disability, and veteran status. Even if you don't think you meet every qualification listed, we'd love to review your application!
Aceable is able to hire in the following states: California, Colorado, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Jersey, North Carolina, Texas, Utah, and Washington.
Something looks off?